• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

mud claw m/t radials good or bad?

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8 v6
Transmission
Manual
i got a price on mud clawradials for 120 each with out tax. these are the 31x10.50s they look like they would be good the guy said that there better then the buck shot mudders that he also has but dont last as long. here is a link to them..http://ssl.delti.com/tyre-pictures/Sigma/MudClawRadialMT.jpg

Frank The Tank

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Me and my friend that works at Southern States got to looking at treadwright.com today and they have really expanded their tire sizes....... it'll be the next set we buy for our trucks. under 100 dollar mud-tire with 2 year 20k+ mile warranty and 75 bucks to ship 4 of em.....

Frank

On the tire you had the link to, aestically that is a good looking tire....... dunno how it'd do in soup though. But the price isn't bad.

Last edited:

strvger

Reaction score
the land of 2 seasons-Winter and getting ready for
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Frank, been running treadwright tires for about 4 years now... luv 'em!! mine are the at's and still have well over 75% of the tread. even with the shipping, you aren't going to have anywhere close the the $175-200 per tire for most of the big name brands in the big mt's. best part is, i've never heard from anyone who got them being disappointed with them or didn't like them.

whocares

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Frank, been running treadwright tires for about 4 years now... luv 'em!! mine are the at's and still have well over 75% of the tread. even with the shipping, you aren't going to have anywhere close the the $175-200 per tire for most of the big name brands in the big mt's. best part is, i've never heard from anyone who got them being disappointed with them or didn't like them.

Have you run any with the "kedge" grip (glass and walnut shell) It adds $10 per tire, wondering if it's just a gimmick or if theres a difference.

Mudhound

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Eaastern Ky- out in the woods ( literally)
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
173 and 331 CI
Transmission
Manual
As for the Mud Claws, I CAN vouch for them. I have a set currently on my Full Size Bronco. I love them in the mud, they hold about as well as an A/T on ice ( I managed to shake the FSB loose ona blacktop road during an ice storm back in March ), and they wear decently. I NEED to rotate them,as I haven't yet, and the rear are almost new looking while the fronts are DEf. showing the wear of being under a 5,860 lb truck. Not bad for around 15-16,000 miles so far though. The fronts are burned down about 1/2 way. These are also a 32/11.5/15 flavor, for size comparision. I am looking at getting some for my TDI Tracker next.

strvger

Reaction score
the land of 2 seasons-Winter and getting ready for
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Have you run any with the "kedge" grip (glass and walnut shell) It adds $10 per tire, wondering if it's just a gimmick or if theres a difference.
yep, mine have that. my tread pattern is the AT, with lots of good siping. probably about as good as studs, but not chains. they will loose grip with a heavy foot on slick roads just as any other tire. neither studs nor chains are allowed in Minnesota. the 'Kedge", old name: "Green Diamond", have been worth it to me, but we have about 7 months of wintry roads here. in those conditions, nothing equals careful driving.
just my $.02.

adolfainsley8

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
gd
Make / Model
gh
Transmission
Automatic
I NEED to rotate them,as I haven't yet, and the rear are almost new looking while the fronts are DEf. showing the wear of being under a 5,860 lb truck. Not bad for around 15-16,000 miles so far though. The fronts are burned down about 1/2 way. These are also a 32/11.5/15 flavor, for size comparision. I am looking at getting some for my TDI Tracker next.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals