• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My 2010 F-350

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
Early this year I bought a 2010 Ford F-350 FX4 Lariet Super Duty. It's a rust free Texas truck and I couldn't pass it up. It has the 6.4 diesel with an automatic.

Here is how it looked when I brought it home:

After I got it I:

Repainted the bumpers
Scraped out the crappy do-it-yourself bedliner job someone did, and re-did it
Added marker lights on top of the cab, and along the running boards
Added a winch plate and Smittybilt 12,000lb winch
Added a large tool box in the bed (never seen one this wide before)
Added (2) 100W ProComp lights to the front along with a LED light bar (LOVE that thing!)
Add a mini LED bar between the tool box lids, and (2) LED's under the rear bumper
Installed a Rough Country 3-inch lift
Put on 295/75/18 (34.50x12x18) Cooper Discoverer SST Pro Mud Terrains

Rough Country says you can run 35x12.50x18's with this lift, but the drivers side front would have rubbed the radius arm on full lock turning left. The 295/75/18's just barely rub on the drivers side at full lock. The idea tire on a stock rim would have been a 285/75/18 (basically 34.8x11.5x18). Really close to a full 35 inch tire, but still narrow enough to not rub.

Someone suggested getting new rims to run a true 35x12.50x18, but it would have set me back $1,000 in wheels just to gain a 1/2 inch larger tire.

Plus, I like the way it looks with the factory wheels and FX4 decal. It looks like this is how it should have came off the Ford assembly line (If I ran Ford....)

Here is how it looks now:

I'd like to get a kit with a programmer to remove the exhaust filter and add some horsepower. Every damn time the truck starts the whole damn 'Cleaning Exhaust Filter' process and wants me to keep driving, is right about the time I'm pulling in somewhere to shut it off.

Last edited:

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
Thanks. I really like the looks and stance of it. I also really like these tires (http://us.coopertire.com/Tires/Light-Truck/DISCOVERER-STT-PRO.aspx). They were easy to balance, ride nice, and don't have a lot of road noise. They have some, but that's to be expected with a mud terrain. If I was building another Ranger for a trail truck, I'd probably get a set of these.

I just remembered something about the bumper. The grill rubbed against the grill guard anytime you opened/closed the hood. Someone actually cut a groove on the bottom corner of the grill for it to ride along the flat uprights on the grill guard. I don't know why someone would think that was OK to leave it like that. I got new/longer grade 8 bolts and some grade 8 washers to act as a spacer, and spaced it out a 1/2 inch so the grill would clear it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals