• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

'95 XLT 2WD Gathering the Parts

Woody T

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
So I picked up a 302 out of an '89 Bronco, that runs but I'm shopping for a machine shop locally. I'm thinking an AOD out of a 88-92 Crown Vic/Marquis. I've seen the tech article here on the site but they leave a lot/little to be desired.

Click----------> Tech Article

I know I will use: Advance Adapters P/N 713015A - Ford Small Block V8 Engine Mount Kit For 1983-1997 Ford Ranger 2WD (Requires P/N 713017).

I like the 1970's Ford 289, 302 or 351W Exhaust Manifolds from an Econoline.

I'm thinking a Dual sump Oil Pan, as opposed to the Rear sump, that will come on the Bronco motor. It supposed to allow the motor to sit a half inch lower in the chassis.

I'm guessing that I'll be using a remote oil filter adapter kit like the: Advance Adapters P/N 716084.

I'll probably go with a 4.0 Radiator, but not set on it.

The nice thing about my used motor purchase is it will come with all of the accessory brackets that I may or may not use.

It will also come with the Fuel Injection, but no computer or harness, so I'd assume I'll need the computer and a harness also.

Looking at the Tech article doesn't really confirm what will, or will not work, with a 2WD and using an AOD. It Doesn't seem to cover trans mounts, or cross members, or if it will drop right in, etc... The article seems to be geared more toward a 4WD swap.

My ride just turned 300,000 on the 3.0 Automatic and it runs pretty good I use it daily.

Attachments

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals