• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Will Fog Light Mod Work

96firephoenix

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
On behalf of every other driver out there, please don't do this. Fog lights are down low to the ground and actually point slightly up, if they are installed properly. For everyone else on the road, this is almost the most annoying thing on the face of the planet, and it may be illegal depending on your local regulations. If it isn't, it ought to be. I really think this is dangerous to other drivers.

If you want more light out the front, get some grille lights and tie them in to your highbeams, or get some KC roof-rack lights.

The other side of that coin (and the reason why fog lights are low and pointed up) is that if you need to drive in early-morning fog, such as on an early camping trip, you want the light as close to the road surface as possible. I'm not an electrical engineer, but it looks like this relay will ensure that if you independently turn on your fogs, your high-beams will come on, thus scattering a ton of light into the fog and blinding you.

I don't know about the newer Rangers, but on the 95 I looked at, you could turn on the parking lights and fog lights, the headlights and fog lights or the highbeams alone. Leaving the fog light switch on all the time cut the fogs on and off with the headlights or parking lights.

ianyboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 L
Transmission
Automatic
thats the other issue with these F****** newer rangers in canada at least. cCant open only parkings....them danm stupid unremovable DRLs are always on

96firephoenix

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
thats the other issue with these F****** newer rangers in canada at least. cCant open only parkings....them danm stupid unremovable DRLs are always on
oh, well that is annoying. is there no position on the switch for parking only?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals