• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1994 347/c4 build -project- rebel rouser

tjm73

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Very interested in the engine mounts.

prymetime1

Reaction score
Very interested in the engine mounts.
Hey tjm73, I am too. After looking at the foxbody prothane mounts it looks like the bolts are offset in comparison to how the transdapt ones I currently have so I continued to look for sbf mounts that might work when I stumbled across these. I also like the fact that these will be much easier to get to once I have the bottom portion mounted to my plates. I actually got the idea from how my dad's sbc is mounted in his 50 dodge along with seeing how @blackwidow is setting his sbc in. When I have to remove my engine the passenger side is literally an 1/8 turn of the wrench each time, real pain in the but, it's just superb tight. The additional benefits are these are much stronger built than the transdapt ones that I've broken already and should allow for more adjustability when setting it in. I'll be testing these on a bare short block I have when this engine's out for rebuild. Oh, it should raise it up a bit which will add clearance for my p/s pump. I'll post updates as I go.

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
Man I see you coming along brotha . I got to order a few things to for the suspension . Going for a alignment this week . Trying to dial in the suspension up front with more camber

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

prymetime1

Reaction score
Man I see you coming along brotha . I got to order a few things to for the suspension . Going for a alignment this week . Trying to dial in the suspension up front with more camber

Hey broskie, what u got planned for suspension? That's going to be my next venture once I get the the truck running right.

Small update. I put the new temp sensor in and the fan still doesn't kick on. Sending it back and grabbing a new adjustable unit. I helped my brother in law set up a mishimoto unit on his mustang, so I'm planning to go that route also.
Nice set set up.

prymetime1

Reaction score
Finally got around to work on the truck. Engines out and my spare block is mocked in with the new mounts.

I need to add some spacers between the plate and the mount to clear the longer bolt and once that's done, it should be good to go.

I'm going to add my larger trans cooler since there's plenty of room to work in there now.

I'm also going to add a new electric fan controller, one with adjustable on & off.

I redid my head liner since my last attempt started to droop. I used locktite spray adhesive, 300 strength over the 3m stuff I used last time. Hopefully it sticks better this time around.

Still hunting down parts for this next round of rebuild. I want to tackle my exhaust. Speedway motors has a kit with all sorts of bends n pipe that I'm guna pick up n make work. Will be a nice opportunity to learn how to weld.
I'm also guna work on my speedo cable replacement.

Slow progress but it's progress none the less.

U guys have any input on fan controllers?

I'll update as I get updates from the engine builder.

Angie

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
92 & 83 project
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.0L 302
Transmission
Automatic
Hi, as for controllers, placed in one of these to run the fan. however, also wired in an over ride switch plus a red light that will go on when the fan is running. then of course a real mechanical temp gauge.

hope this gives an idea

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Heating-Cooling/Flex-A-Lite-Electric-Fan-Variable-Speed-Control-Module-33011K.aspx?t_c=84&t_s=518&t_pt=8914&t_pn=FLX33011K&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping&emlprox=out&ppcfon=1&gp=1&scid=scplpFLX33011K&sc_intid=FLX33011K&gclid=CMiPh4G7pNQCFZSIfgod_bkJdQ

prymetime1

Reaction score
Hi, as for controllers, placed in one of these to run the fan. however, also wired in an over ride switch plus a red light that will go on when the fan is running. then of course a real mechanical temp gauge.

hope this gives an idea

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Heating-Cooling/Flex-A-Lite-Electric-Fan-Variable-Speed-Control-Module-33011K.aspx?t_c=84&t_s=518&t_pt=8914&t_pn=FLX33011K&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping&emlprox=out&ppcfon=1&gp=1&scid=scplpFLX33011K&sc_intid=FLX33011K&gclid=CMiPh4G7pNQCFZSIfgod_bkJdQ
Hi angie, thanks for the recommendation on the flex controller. Are u running this set up? I checked summit and while there are a few options I'm torn. I installed a mishimoto set up on my brother in laws mustang but he says it stopped working already. I also have a over ride switch set up.

Angie

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
92 & 83 project
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.0L 302
Transmission
Automatic
hi, no, it is not in operation yet. still building the truck. this was just what I have wired in as of today. sorry for any confusion.

prymetime1

Reaction score
Hi angie, thanks for the recommendation on the flex controller. Are u running this set up? I checked summit and while there are a few options I'm torn. I installed a mishimoto set up on my brother in laws mustang but he says it stopped working already. I also have a over ride switch set up.
Oh no worries. I follow ur build just didn't remember if that detail was in there or not. For the money, that controller might be my ticket. Just have to research more.

Angie

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
92 & 83 project
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.0L 302
Transmission
Automatic
Oh no worries. I follow ur build just didn't remember if that detail was in there or not.

Probaly not in there, I don't go into much detail of what is going on. I will give details if asked.

cheers

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
1994 347/c4 build -project name pending

What up brotha . For temp controller I i use a temp sensor that's controls ground . Connect that to the coil side of the relay 85 , pic up a hot wire from the ignition for 86 . Run battery to 87 and out to fan from 30 . The rx7 and the ranger are both step with 195 temp sensors . Nice seein you knocking shit out brotha . Need to up
Date my thread here soon

Way less to worry about going wrong . I've never like the temp controller setups . To much going on in side that lil black box

Here one like mine but at 200

Last edited:

prymetime1

Reaction score
What up brotha . For temp controller I i use a temp sensor that's controls ground . Connect that to the coil side of the relay 85 , pic up a hot wire from the ignition for 86 . Run battery to 87 and out to fan from 30 . The rx7 and the ranger are both step with 195 temp sensors . Nice seein you knocking shit out brotha . Need to up
Date my thread here soon

Way less to worry about going wrong . I've never like the temp controller setups . To much going on in side that lil black box

Here one like mine but at 200

Hey broskie, thanks for the recommendation. That is how my current SPAL set up is wired, I've just not gotten a good switch to work yet. I might just go with that afco unit n see if it'll trigger the relay to go on, if that don't work then I'll try a new set up all together.

Slow progress but it's all I have time for at the moment. Hoping to get it back together by end of the month. Well see how long the rebuild takes and if there is anything Unforseen popping up....crossing figures.

prymetime1

Reaction score
Got the engine to the shop today, deposit and long chat with the builder. Dude builds race engines for all sorts of applications but he does alot of stuff for race boats. He's going to go over everthing and give me a full build sheet of the engine after he researches all the parts & what not. I'm pretty excited now and looking fwd to sorting out all the lil bugs the truck was experiencing. Hoping I can get my last little bit of parts ordered up before I get the engine back. Guy has a couple of motors in front of me but I should have it back end of this month, early next.
I have paternity leave from work the 1st 2 weeks in July so that's my new plan.

84FreakRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Hey brother I hope it goes well for yall, I am building a 2 car garage now so I can work inside instead of outside :yahoo:

prymetime1

Reaction score
Well n it's been a lil bit but progress is still being made, albeit slow progress. I stopped by the shop today and the engine's apart, awaiting parts for the re-assembly. From what the builder told me, I washed the cylinder walls down and messed up the rings. Everything else looked good so he wasn't concerned that there was some major issues going on. With that said, when I got the engine, I wasn't sure of the specs, miles or anything. I put it all together and ran it pretty hard. I know it was running rich since I could smell the unburned gas from the exhaust. I guess that was part of my issue. That and my fuel n pressure was a bit high, I think around 8 psi. With all of that said, I'm going to rebuild my edelbrock carb and hope I can tune it better and avoid having this happen again. rebuild kit is on the way.

Today I was able to get my head liner re installed, most of the plastics re installed and my Scott Drake c4 speedo cable installed. Here's to hoping it works and I can get my speedo to read. Cleaned up the interior some more too. Lmc truck is my next order so I can get some door sill plates and a couple odds & ends.
Hopefully getting the engine back next week. Till then.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals