• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

AJ's new house thread

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
just closed on a house today. 2100 square feet, 2 car garage on a 1/4 acre lot.

has a wooden play set in the back yard for our 5 month old son when he gets older, a basket ball goal in the driveway for my 11 year old son. it needs a back board, but we can get that fixed pretty easily.

it came with all the appliances, an electric leaf blower and even an under the counter cd player.

it has a huge deck in the back with electrical outlets on all four corners.

i will post pictures later, as i do not have access to my regular computer at the moment (mother in law is sleeping in the computer room... so I am using the laptop)

i will also be putting in a 240 volt air compressor in the garage. so now it is off to find some good air tools.
AJ

Last edited:

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
Ok for the pics....

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-AY7dE9kTpI0/TeobPrzxq0I
/AAAAAAAAACQ/ffGxxqmKbX4/s912/2011-05-27_21-56-25_981.jpg

AJ

robertc1024

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
nada
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Looks nice. You do know if you move that alligator in the yard to your computer room, when your mother in law wakes up, you might not have to worry about her sleeping in there anymore.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Congratulations...I hope you have future plans for the back end of the house...like a nice wrap around deck and some sliding patio doors...that has a load of potential for shade, sun and other outdoor fun...and the jacuzzi could go under the deck where the current deck is...lol

ForOffRoadDriving

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
damn thats a nice house! ive been house hunting for a few months myself but since my price range is that of a parts guy (60k), the pickins are slim. the one house i found that i actually liked had a nice fenced in yard, a 3 car detached garage, and it was on a double dead end dirt road. all was looking good up stairs, until i walked into the basement and found out that the previous owner took the sump pump with them, so the basement had flooded waist deep with all the rain we have gotten.

doorgunner

Lab Rat for V.A. hospital
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
New Orleans (8' below sea level & sinking)
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!
sharp lookin house!!!!!!

:icon_surprised: & you're gettin air tools also?!?!

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Rand and Aircat are good air tools for home use.

I love my TH-1000.

rangerluver

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 (412 hp)
Transmission
Automatic
I'd have held out for a weed whip too.

A blower doesn't seem to be enough.

JK.

I don't know what you went though to get a house but if you have been through anything like what my wife and I are going through, you must be extremely happy your hunt is over.
We seem to attract moron sellers.

THis one seller seems not to be available; we submitted a full priced offer and their agent has not been able to get ahold of them of over a week. This has happened a couple of different ways for like 3 houses.

Getting sick of it.

Nice house though.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
I think you picked out a really nice pad, Bro!!!! You are going to enjoy that new place and you have lots of potential if you want to expand some to the house. Nice lot and it is a very clean well taken care of home!!!!

:icon_thumby::icon_thumby::icon_thumby:

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
I'd have held out for a weed whip too.

A blower doesn't seem to be enough.

JK.

I don't know what you went though to get a house but if you have been through anything like what my wife and I are going through, you must be extremely happy your hunt is over.
We seem to attract moron sellers.

THis one seller seems not to be available; we submitted a full priced offer and their agent has not been able to get ahold of them of over a week. This has happened a couple of different ways for like 3 houses.

Getting sick of it.

Nice house though.
I hear you. there were enough properties for sale here where I live that if the owners played games, we moved on. (we only had one do that tho..)

The bigger aggravation was getting the financing lined up and what hoops needed to be jumped through to do that. I will say that the previous owners were great to work with tho, there were a few issues on the house that needed to be addressed and they were great about fixing them or contributing to getting them fixed.

I think you picked out a really nice pad, Bro!!!! You are going to enjoy that new place and you have lots of potential if you want to expand some to the house. Nice lot and it is a very clean well taken care of home!!!!

:icon_thumby::icon_thumby::icon_thumby:
Thanks! it is probably one of the better looking houses we looked at. the biggest issue we have with it and you can't tell from the pictures, but it needs a new roof (the existing roof has 3 to 5 years of life left on it) we are taking care of that and doing a few upgrades as well, one of them being the 220v outlet in the garage for my air compressor or possibly a welder later on (now to find someone to teach me how to weld...)

congrats on your new home. looks like there's plenty of room for everyone and most of your toys.
lol most of your toys is exactly right... that garage will fit the Ranger and the Charger in it with 30 inches of stuff on each wall, but you can barely open the doors to either vehicle. I figure that it will be a one car garage with my tools and workbench in there. (don't have them moved over yet)

AJ

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
oh as for the weed whacker, the father in law is giving me a Honda pushmower and an echo weed whacker this weekend.

AJ

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
Looks nice. You do know if you move that alligator in the yard to your computer room, when your mother in law wakes up, you might not have to worry about her sleeping in there anymore.
LOL that is a good one.... hafta try that sometime :icon_thumby:

Congratulations...I hope you have future plans for the back end of the house...like a nice wrap around deck and some sliding patio doors...that has a load of potential for shade, sun and other outdoor fun...and the jacuzzi could go under the deck where the current deck is...lol
We do want to put a hot tub in sometime. the deck/patio that is currently on the house is huge, so we don't have any plans to expand it. The one thing that I thought about adding is a sunsetter awning that retracts, but since that is the east side of the house, it is usually pretty cool and shady by the afternoon.

damn thats a nice house! ive been house hunting for a few months myself but since my price range is that of a parts guy (60k), the pickins are slim. the one house i found that i actually liked had a nice fenced in yard, a 3 car detached garage, and it was on a double dead end dirt road. all was looking good up stairs, until i walked into the basement and found out that the previous owner took the sump pump with them, so the basement had flooded waist deep with all the rain we have gotten.
I hear you. been down that road back in the late 90's. bought a house for 55k and sold it in 09 for 47k. sucked, but the market was for crap and I could not afford to keep it up and pay rent in another state on top of it.

But in the area that my house was in, I have seen some pretty decent houses in the 70k range. keep looking, you will find something.

sharp lookin house!!!!!!

:icon_surprised: & you're gettin air tools also?!?!
Rand and Aircat are good air tools for home use.

I love my TH-1000.
I will keep those in mind, thanks! :icon_thumby:

AJ

det107

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Swell place !! May your family have many happy memories in the upcoming years-

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals