• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Interesting seat idea

MJ'sBlkBII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
True, but in my area *most* of the JY's cars have useless seats. They either had the windows or doors open if not gone so they get weathered. That is if the vehicle isn't a totaled wreck. Something like this is my best bet for replacing my nasty buckets (Ebay, not sport seats). I am aiming to put a console in to replace the one I have (no armrests, who's idea is this), that is fun enough.

Vonrak

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
I just installed a set of them in my 95 reg cab ranger. It is a bit different getting into than the factory seats. More like camaro style seating. But after a day or so, I got used to the difference and I really like the support and ride the new seats give.

Vonrak

MJ'sBlkBII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
Were they the same seats as these? How are they for back support? Me and my wife have back problems so we have to be careful. We did a 16 hr round trip to Tulsa in an '02 Neon and by the time we got home, I had to crawl out of the car because I couldn't stand up. The back support bulge was too low. On the other hand, wee have done 2 of the same trips and 1 to St. Louis and back (28 hr(?) all told) in our Ram and had no problems. The really sad part is we are both OTR truck drivers and usually have no problems. Heck if I thought I could make them fit, I would put my semi seats, or at least Ram seats in there. I think they would both be to wide though. I also need to figure out how to run air to them. MJ

MJ'sBlkBII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
That's it! I am going to bolt in seats from my semi!! :yahoo: Something I know we can sit in for days on end and no pain. And I don't belive it has been done before. I have semi dealers and a wrecking yard by the house... OOO, leather Petie-built seats... I LIKE IT!:icon_surprised:

2ranger87

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
That's it! I am going to bolt in seats from my semi!! :yahoo: Something I know we can sit in for days on end and no pain. And I don't belive it has been done before. I have semi dealers and a wrecking yard by the house... OOO, leather Petie-built seats... I LIKE IT!:icon_surprised:
Pics when done??????:icon_rofl:

MJ'sBlkBII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
I figured out 1 *slight* issue with the semi seats. They don't fold forward more than 6* (bolt upright). :bawling: So that won't work. I won't be able to get to the back seat. I almost had to eat $330 trying to buy seats for a '96 Explorer 4 door. Same issue, but beautiful seats... I belive they would have bolted in. Am trying to find 2 door. Does anyone know if the '99-'04 mustang seats will bolt to my bucket frame rails? How about '05-current Mustang seats? I have found a bunch of these (along with LOADS of seats from the Expeditions). Please advise... Thanks, MJ
This is :buttkick:

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
so just install the driver side...let them crawl into the back through the passenger side...nothing wrong with asymmetrical seats if you're comfortable...used to have a Tempo seat on the passenger side and Sploder seat on the driver's side...worked for me...

LITTLE FOOT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i just put camaro iroc seats in my ranger, they are way more comfortable than stock

i have new apc seats for sale 100$ look at the for sale thread

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals