• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

drive shaft rear bronco II ?

lchappyjr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I have swapped 92 explorer motor,transmission, transfercase, dana 35, and 8.8, also skyjacker 6" lift, I want to put a double cardan joint drice shaft in rear form explorer front shaft. Is this possible and what do I need? I have the explorer rear shaft. Its mostly a daily driver so I dont want vibration.

TexCaliBII

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hello,
Yes there is. You need the forward section of the rear shaft, the cardon section of the front shaft and you have to cut out the double cardon section to make it into a standard looking yoke. You then take the axle end yolk off the rear shaft and put in on the modded part of the front shaft. I did this for my 87 that I put an 8.8 in but had stock BII gear otherwise with a 6" lift. It did not work well as I got vibes/grinding from it no matter how I massaged it. For a daily driver I recommend a custom made shaft that is not a cardon type. I am in the process now of modding a BII rear shaft to mate to the 8.8 I put in my 88, well really it's a 93 Explorer.... I was looking for the link I used for this info but can't do a search for from work. :annoyed: I'm almost sure it was on http://www.explorerforum.com though. Hopefully you’ll have better luck than I did. If it had not been a daily driver I might not have minded so much but it was, and did. I pulled the lift back out and put in an aftermarket straight shaft I found in the JY on a 90 BII. Good luck.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals