• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Help me align this lifted truck!

abrush

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
O.k., I got a 88 Bronco II that I put a 94 Explorer 4.0 in a few years back. I decided to lift the truck awhile back. The lift is around 3". Because of this I purchased adjustable caster/camber bushings and had the shop install when I took it in for an alignment. The problem is that the shop turned the bushings all the way out and said I am still a degree off. Therefore this truck is riding on the outer edges of the front tires and wonders and darts all over the road. The shop told me to get a drop pitman arm and drop pivot bushings. I found a drop pitman arm but can't find anything along the lines of a drop pivot bushing. What did you guys do that have lifts on your trucks to align them correctly?? I'd like to get this fixed as I know it will drive much better.

Heres a pic. of the truck:

koa's93ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
I think they meant drop pivot brackets. So unless you lower the front end about an inch, you'll need drop brackets to get it back in spec

brinker88

11/2013 OTOM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I have 3" of lift with 3 degree camber bushings and Im within 1/2 a degree off spec. See what camber bushings are in there. 3 degrees is about as far as you can go IMHO. Good luck.

abrush

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Now that you mention it I do imagine they were talking about axle pivot drop brackets as I was able to find some on an internet search. Wow, those are some pricey brackets though. Any recommendations as to the best ones?

brinker88

11/2013 OTOM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Do NOT get rough country brackets as they're known for puncturing the 3rd member on the front axle. I would stick with skyjacker/James duff ones.

koa's93ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
brinker, extra cab 4.0 rangers have more room for alignment than short box rangers or b2s

and x2 on the rough country brackets. superlifts are pretty cheap but make sure you check the tech library to see how to reinforce it so the bracket doesnt brake near the mounting hole. go skyjacker if you have the money.

but then again, you best deal is to drop the front end an inch or less and go with a body lift if you need that certain height

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals