• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

regearing

509lifted

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l, 4.0 v6
Transmission
Manual
no i dont want a body lift i wanna do it right first and run a 2 or 3 inch full suspension lift i dont like seing the frame with the body lift nor do i like having the bumper gap my lift is gonna be expensive cause i wanna do it right and have it last right now im in the middle of jd or fabtech if i go with fabtech im gonna go all out with a 6 inch but if i drop in the 302 im gonna moddify it so i dont nee the body lift.

gribly

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Honda
Engine Size
K20A3
Transmission
Manual
I'd take a body lifted truck over a fabtech lifted truck any day. They're poser lifts for show trucks. Don't believe me? Call and ask if they are designed for harsh off-road conditions. James Duff, Skyjacker, or make your own.

Catch22556

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L
Transmission
Manual
I'd take a body lifted truck over a fabtech lifted truck any day. They're poser lifts for show trucks. Don't believe me? Call and ask if they are designed for harsh off-road conditions. James Duff, Skyjacker, or make your own.
I agree on Fabtech. Body lifts are not bad as long as you don't go over 2" IMO. My personal plan is a 2" BL, Custom make some Extended Radius Arms using stockers, Piece together a 2" suspension lift using belltech 6400 shackles, Some softer Jeep lift coils and run 33"s. My 31"s on stock suspension clear fine now with some minor trimming so another 3 1/2 - 4" should keep the COG pretty low and still clear the 33"s. I really like the JD kits, but just too much $ IMO. I enjoy building stuff and learning so I'll just piece my own together. It helps having my own shop :icon_welder:.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
best lift you can do is piece one together...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals