• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

92 exploder doner

78_firebird

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
i just picked up a 92 explorer for $300, and i want to put the front and rear axles under my b2, i've heard its a direct bolt in up front, but in the rear i need to weld spring perches on the top of the rear end because the explorer is spring under, my question is do they need to be mounted at exactly the same width as the as the explorer, also how do i convert the automatic hubs to lockouts, and is their anything else i need to be aware of throughout this conversion.

also i want to put the whole front clip off the explorer (fenders, hood, grill, headlights, and bumpers front and rear) on my b2 is all that pretty much direct bolt on or will i have to make modifications ?

Last edited:

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
frame width is gonna be different from the explorer. explorer springs are mounted directly under the frame, b2 springs have spring hangers mounted on the sides of the frame....you'll most likely have to shorten the front driveshaft, but otherwise it is a bolt in swap.

as for the body parts, i'm sure it'll work, probably a few mods will have to be made, but shouldnt be too difficult if you have any mechanical know-how

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Do a search, literally everything you mentioned has been discussed in great detail a thousand times. The tech library has a lot of this information too.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
It's an easy do it yourself swap. I'm working on my 8.8 now to swap in. Then I'm doing the d35. Tech library!!! Is amazing

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals