• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

The power difference 2.0 2bbl vs older 2.3 fuel injected...

mmz77

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991, 1988
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Hello people! New to this forum. I just recently acquired a 1988 Ford Ranger 2.0 2bbl 5 speed to go along with my ever so trusty 1991 Ford Ranger 2.3 5 speed. I tell you what that 2.0 has no power at all, I though my 2.3 was bad until I drove the 2.0. My question is, will I be able to maintain decent freeway speeds in the stock 2.0? I still need to insure the vehicle so I have yet had the chance to fully test its capabilities. Funny thing is i think the 2.0 gets worse gas mileage than the 2.3. Let me know on your experiences with the small 2.0 engine. I hope it will do about 70mph! :headbang:

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
a '91 2.3 is rated at 95 or 100hp while the 2.0 is rated at 75 if I remember right...

Heavyfire14

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
Hello people! New to this forum. I just recently acquired a 1988 Ford Ranger 2.0 2bbl 5 speed to go along with my ever so trusty 1991 Ford Ranger 2.3 5 speed. I tell you what that 2.0 has no power at all, I though my 2.3 was bad until I drove the 2.0. My question is, will I be able to maintain decent freeway speeds in the stock 2.0? I still need to insure the vehicle so I have yet had the chance to fully test its capabilities. Funny thing is i think the 2.0 gets worse gas mileage than the 2.3. Let me know on your experiences with the small 2.0 engine. I hope it will do about 70mph! :headbang:
you should TBI the 2.0, you will get better gas mileage.

also... you need pictures :icon_twisted:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals