• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Toyota commercial

gribly

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Honda
Engine Size
K20A3
Transmission
Manual
Really? The company with the sticky gas pedals is going to pick on Ford? Disgusting....
Oh, it was much worse than just gas pedals. Toyota never admitted to the electronics issue, which I have seen first hand. My friend's leased Tundra would do some weird stuff, like sometime it would rev up and hit the rev limiter right as soon as you started it using the remote starter - rather bad for the motor, especially on a cold morning! It has also launched itself at what was apparently a rather large amount of throttle while his girlfriend was maneuvering it in the driveway. Luckily she was quick witted enough to throw it in neutral. Poor girl never got behind the wheel of that truck ever again, and the dealership was very firm about there not being anything wrong with the truck at all.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Funny they pick on Ford in this video using a FORD TOW TRUCK. You know why that tow truck wasn't a Toyota?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjVnNUNvB_A
In all fairness they do use some nasty crap on the roads in the northeast, I have seen Rangers on here with rusted through frames from out there too.

Calcium Cloride is almost a curse word to me, they use it liberially for ice melt out there which is great because it melts just about anything.

Up until a couple years ago it was also common weight people would put in tractor tires. Guess why they quit?

This rear tractor rim was cleaned and painted in '06 and looked brand spankin' new, as of late '09 thanks to a seepy valve stem (never to the point of being wet though)

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v623/85_Ranger/09-10 Blizzard/?action=view&current=100_1232.jpg

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
In all fairness they do use some nasty crap on the roads in the northeast, I have seen Rangers on here with rusted through frames from out there too.
The Rangers I've seen rusted bad also have bad rust on the body. This truck looks perfectly normal until you look at it's belly. There is an issue with their frames that they aren't owning up to.

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Toyotas are expensive though compared to what the Ranger cost.

And the Ranger isn't completely gone, I've heard that they only discontinued it in the states but it will still be manufactured overseas.
it's gone, the global ranger is a completely different truck, afaik, it's not even based off of the north american ranger... and it's actually a larger truck, about halfway between the size of our rangers, and the f-150...

nice truck either way, available with a twin turbo diesel IIRC

wrecking-crew

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
06 chevy
Make / Model
88 ranger
Engine Size
6 cylinders
Transmission
Manual
The Calcium sh-t rusted a freshly (spray)painted bumper, a few pieces of sheet metal (around the edges), and bubbled the paint on my brushguard and roll bar on my Ranger in 2 weeks of winter driving until I parked it.

gribly

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Honda
Engine Size
K20A3
Transmission
Manual
Calcium Chloride use on roads is probably backed by auto manufacturers so that we all have to buy new vehicles instead of being able to fix what we have.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Oh, it was much worse than just gas pedals. Toyota never admitted to the electronics issue, which I have seen first hand. My friend's leased Tundra would do some weird stuff, like sometime it would rev up and hit the rev limiter right as soon as you started it using the remote starter - rather bad for the motor, especially on a cold morning! It has also launched itself at what was apparently a rather large amount of throttle while his girlfriend was maneuvering it in the driveway. Luckily she was quick witted enough to throw it in neutral. Poor girl never got behind the wheel of that truck ever again, and the dealership was very firm about there not being anything wrong with the truck at all.

After numerous reviews and constant examining the issues and inspecting the vehicles and computers of Toyota vehicles there was never any problems found. Some people were trying to get quick money from Toyota by saying their vehicles would suddenly accelerate in hopes they could get some quick cash out of Toyota. Computer system don’t lie. The issues were checked and no issues were found. The case was dropped. I have Dodge, Chevy and Ford buddies who all have said they have had issues with rough idle, stalling, surging. This happens with every make. I blame a lot of crap on this stupid ethanol we are forced to use with these stupid gas companies. Ethanol is not a great additive to our gas supply. Cars get less gas milage with it and it causes issues with our fuel systems.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
All ads are tacky, Bro. I only like animal commercials. I hate watching sports or car and truck ads...they all suck.....lol
You forget, I have a TV.... I just don't have service for it (satellite doesn't work in the valley here, cable would cost us something like $7,000 to get them to bring it here with no promise that it'll work because of the distance, and when they went to digital signal we got no reception on UHF/VHF). So naturally, I don't get to watch commercials, lol.

tony314

Firefighter
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
You forget, I have a TV.... I just don't have service for it (satellite doesn't work in the valley here, cable would cost us something like $7,000 to get them to bring it here with no promise that it'll work because of the distance, and when they went to digital signal we got no reception on UHF/VHF). So naturally, I don't get to watch commercials, lol.

You aren't missing much!

gribly

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Honda
Engine Size
K20A3
Transmission
Manual
After numerous reviews and constant examining the issues and inspecting the vehicles and computers of Toyota vehicles there was never any problems found. Some people were trying to get quick money from Toyota by saying their vehicles would suddenly accelerate in hopes they could get some quick cash out of Toyota. Computer system don’t lie. The issues were checked and no issues were found. The case was dropped. I have Dodge, Chevy and Ford buddies who all have said they have had issues with rough idle, stalling, surging. This happens with every make. I blame a lot of crap on this stupid ethanol we are forced to use with these stupid gas companies. Ethanol is not a great additive to our gas supply. Cars get less gas milage with it and it causes issues with our fuel systems.
And you completely did not read what I wrote. Let me rephrase this. You could pick up the keys, and without anyone in the vehicle, no brick on the gas pedal or anything, gas pedal not stuck down by the carpet (as in, take the truck cold after it had been sitting overnight) and hit the remote start, and it would immediatly start bouncing off the rev limiter, screaming in the driveway. Nobody was trying to get quick money from Toyota here, and there is no possibly way it was ethanol in the fuel causing it to surge to the REV LIMITER. I don't care what you read in a magazine, there was some issues that got pushed under the carpet.

jrpdash9

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
what a##holes. they r picking on dead trucks

Ranger Kip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Fleet
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Confused and Intolerant
at 6 seconds you can see where the grill doesnt even fit properly lol

BRUTUS_T_HOG

Article Contributor
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Kind of a bugger to find, I thought it would have been aimed more for the Tacoma.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2naPDlxvcE

Picking on fullsize Fords too... apparently it is better to buy a new truck than to put a battery or alternator in a 20+ year old one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmobvor1sfI&feature=relmfu
typical mentallity of people these days. running in a hoard to buy a vehicle because of the hype.

and the second one is the typical "i too dumb to fix it so i'll just buy new" or the more common "i didn't take care of it and it broke so i'll just replace it and repeat the cycle with the next vehicle"

the same type of people that should be rounded up with a garbage truck and compressed into their basic ooze form and dumped into a furnace to provide energy for the rest of us.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals