• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Uhm.. has anybody tried these gt40p headers from OBX?

oddball101

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic

oddball101

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
They appear to be Torque Monsters.. I wonder if they got bought out.

ford_ranger12

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Dang that's crazy. If I would have saw that before I bought my TM's I would've jumped on em.

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
tm knock offs.... looks like decent buy to me.

oddball101

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Oh man this is killing me

Tneff

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Yes, a minor pain to put on but happy with them so far.

Jbrown1238

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
None
Yes, a minor pain to put on but happy with them so far.
Can you give us some detail on the "pain" part of the job? Maybe some thoughts on the overall build quality and first impressions?

Tneff

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Can you give us some detail on the "pain" part of the job? Maybe some thoughts on the overall build quality and first impressions?
There were no install instructions, or info for which bolt/stud kit to use. Some of the bolts were easy to put in, others we had to cut and use studs. I think it was the #3 cylinder, the hole is covered. You have to hand thread the stud, with the nut on it and start with this one first when installing the passenger side. Quality of the headers is good, no complaints there. It is a tedious job, don't get in a hurry. Right now, this is the best option for the money if you want headers. I could tell a huge difference from the cast manifolds, to these on first start up. I do check the bolts/studs weekly, so far nothing has come loose.

Added: With some finesse, you can install the drivers side without raising the motor. We marked, then removed the front of the steering shaft and swung it out of the way.

Jbrown1238

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
None
There were no install instructions, or info for which bolt/stud kit to use. Some of the bolts were easy to put in, others we had to cut and use studs. I think it was the #3 cylinder, the hole is covered. You have to hand thread the stud, with the nut on it and start with this one first when installing the passenger side. Quality of the headers is good, no complaints there. It is a tedious job, don't get in a hurry. Right now, this is the best option for the money if you want headers. I could tell a huge difference from the cast manifolds, to these on first start up. I do check the bolts/studs weekly, so far nothing has come loose.

Added: With some finesse, you can install the drivers side without raising the motor. We marked, then removed the front of the steering shaft and swung it out of the way.
Thanks for the feedback. I was thinking about purchasing a set to play with. I bought used Torque Monster Headers and they are fine except for the ceramic coating. I have 30,000 miles on them now with no issue. I found the same concerns you mentioned with the Torque Monster's I installed. The passenger side was a tedious installation and did require some fastener modification. I was able to use all Hex head bolts but did need to cut a few back.

cody93

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
tempted to get me a set, only concern is will they have an issue with my M5OD-R2...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals