• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1994 347/c4 build -project- rebel rouser

prymetime1

Reaction score
Well today's a good day I suppose, finally got my truck back and it's running pretty good. Shifting fine and all systems go.

Told the dude about the valve body and he told me he used the original..said if I got a new one he'd throw it in for me so I guess In going to order that up.

I did manage to put new shocks on it all around. AZ cheapie but they work better than the completely shot ones on it, feels a ton better and was a quick job.

I managed to get my alum d/s up in position and it looks like it's going to work/fit like it should. So I'll tackle that soon. I also am going to try n get my exhaust done, I can't lie, it's way loud with that lil set up on there now so I'll try n get them Flowmasters tuckee up in there and get my tail pipes moved back.

Over all, happy to have it back but nervous on what caused the failure in the first place. Guna hopefully get things moving again so for the 4 cats following, watch for updates :)

prymetime1

Reaction score
Not much of an update but I picked up the new meats for outback. 275 60 17 hankook ventus, 30 inches tall:

Took it out a couple time this week and it was running shitty. Breaking up n just not running well so today I ran new plug wires. Ford racing 9mm bad boys. And re gapped the new plugs I had in there. They were at .045 and I've read they should be between .032 - .035 for the old block 302s. They're auto lites, same as I pulled out n only a couple months old. They looked new still.

Also played with the timing n carb alil bit and so far it seems to run better. Well see tomorrow when I take it up to an all ford car show with my pops and brother in their rides (cobra kit & 14 mustang gt)

Hoping to make a trip to the track next weekend with my dad, see if we can get some runs in n see what it does. Pretty excited about that. After that it's time down for some mods. Going to get my dash together and and drive shaft in. After that I'll be working on the rear end.
As I'm going thru the build, I'm thinking next year I'll have to tackle the looks department. I want it to drive n be reliable toy this year so I'm focusing in the mechanicals and systems before moving to bodywork n the exterior fun stuff.

Last edited:

84FreakRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
awesome bro can't wait to see what it does.

84FreakRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic

prymetime1

Reaction score
Sooooo it's been a few since I've updated and it's pretty much due to me just enjoying the truck on the weekends n not much wrenching or projects getting done. I took it to a couple cruise nights with my pops, an all ford show and finally got to the track this past Friday.

So that brings me to this weekend. While at the track, my first run sucked, spun pretty much half the track...in my rookie run, I'll admit I didn't shift 2nd fast enough n pretty much was heavy on it thru 2 till I hit 3 n went rest of way. Was like 18 sec pass. 2nd run, I got out of hole alil better but missed 2nd n hit 3rd back to. 2nd n back to 3 till the lights....lil better in the 14s at 95 mph. It's got more in it but the place was mobbed and I didn't feel like waiting to get more passes in. Next time I'll work on dialing it in better. From there, i drove it home and around saturday n sunday....then i got some shit news. Blown head gasket. Passenger side.

I'll go back alil bit since I've been smelling antifreeze n seeing a lil drip on the ground since it's been together. I've added some fluid here n there, nothing much but still, consuming it none the less. So I bypassed by heater core to rule that out. Not much change. The oils been good, I check it n changed it a few times already.
So with that, I'm thinking there was an issue, just not that bad till I got to beat it pretty hard this weekend. It was spewing out from between the head n block by the number 1 cylinder :(

And now, it'll be back on jack stands going for round two. Pulling the engine out this weekend. Will go over some of the stuff I want to fix and mod while it's down.
It's a heavy list but hoping to make some good progress in the next couple of weeks. I'll finish up the gauge swap, drive shaft swap, lsd swap and add some new goodies on the way from summit.
Will be sending the block n heads to make sure they are ok n go from there.
I have another 308 block waiting in the shed that may come into play if need be.

U guys got anything good for head gasket insight let me know. First time tearing down an engine. My pops has done it when he was young so I'm hoping we can get it done together.

That's it for now
Ono

84FreakRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Man that sucks, but awesome 14sec pass better than my 15sec passes. Everybody at the track says to me" why the heck am I running a FMX transmission, they are garbage! " and they are right. Every race day they prep the track soooo sticky that my transmission is slug off the line like the torque converter has no power to move it. But on test and tune nights when they don't prep the track as good my truck has a good 60ft time. So this week I went to install my C4 I gotten and I found out that its no good because they rebuilt it and never put fluid in it and I had it sitting around thinking it was filled, so it is froze up. Now I have to have it rebuilt again. Also the transmission shop said the samething about the FMX. Not a transmission to race with.
oh about head gasket get the SCE Gaskets 536086 - SCE Pro Seal Composite Head Gaskets. they're good boost and nitrous

Last edited:

prymetime1

Reaction score
Man that sucks, but awesome 14sec pass better than my 15sec passes. Everybody at the track says to me" why the heck am I running a FMX transmission, they are garbage! " and they are right. Every race day they prep the track soooo sticky that my transmission is slug off the line like the torque converter has no power to move it. But on test and tune nights when they don't prep the track as good my truck has a good 60ft time. So this week I went to install my C4 I gotten and I found out that its no good because they rebuilt it and never put fluid in it and I had it sitting around thinking it was filled, so it is froze up. Now I have to have it rebuilt again. Also the transmission said the samething about the FMX. Not a transmission to race with.
oh about head gasket get the SCE Gaskets 536086 - SCE Pro Seal Composite Head Gaskets. they're good boost and nitrous
Hey broskie, thanks for the heads up on gaskets, I'll check em out. My trans so far has been good to go, since the 2nd rebuild it def shifts harder 1 -2 but 2-3 is still not a super firm fast shift.
I'm tearing it back down this weekend so hopefully I can have it back up by end of june. Hoping it's just a blown head gasket n nothing else....pockets aren't that deep haha.
I'll keep yas updated. Going to buy an engine stand today :)

prymetime1

Reaction score
Well I didn't get the stand but it's on order for delivery. Engines out n so it begins.

I found the I had lost a engine mount bolt to the block, and with that is a broken ass mount. Guess there was some torq going on??? Ha. Well better to catch this now than going for more passes n something letting loose.
With that I'm ordering a set of prothane mounts for a foxbody stang since that is what this advanced adapter set used. Hopefully they bolt in same spots.

Going to re wire n clean the bay a bit, seeing as my first attempt was a lil bit rushed.

Supposed to pick up the rear end today so I can used the lsd out of it. Same gearing n 28 spline. Shooting to just swap out diffs. Anyone on this?

Ok..I'll update more as I go. And @84...I checked those gaskets and dang mang they are some loot. I had to hold off on ordering anything so I could see what was on there originally. I'll order accordingly from there. Needs a pan gasket n rear main also. Going to call that shop soon so I can see how much machine work going to cost.

Enjoy a sweet memorial day weekend everyone. [emoji482]

RonneyJAyala

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 For now...
Transmission
Manual
Was your original diff 28 spline?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

prymetime1

Reaction score
Picked up the rear:
he man n hoist.... got it out of the jeep with lil struggles. Haha. So now I'll tear this down too. Also spoke to shop and is available to go over the heads whenever so that'll happen with in the week, sooner the better

84FreakRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
yes the mustangs 8.8 is a 28 spline so you will be good to swap the lsd. yes those gaskets are costly but good products for racing. Have a great Weekend brother.

RonneyJAyala

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 For now...
Transmission
Manual
You could swap in the better 31 spline explorer axle with lsd. It'd be better for strength

prymetime1

Reaction score
You could swap in the better 31 spline explorer axle with lsd. It'd be better for strength

Hey Ronney, thanks for the heads up. I'm still probably going to grab an explorer rear end down the road. For now, the price was good and should help getting some power down rather than one wheelin it. Figured this doable while I mess with some other stuff.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals