• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Project Guinea Pig

prerunner

Reaction score
Make / Model
Blue oval!
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
Thats cool too. A degree never hurts. But guiding sounds a lot more interesting in the short term.
Are your projects going on hiatus if you get laid off?

Rowdy Fitzgerald

Hog hunter
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987, 1989
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
6”
Tire Size
Ya it was fun. Time to grow all the way up now though.
Yes and no. The 99 will be but the 87 will be pecked at until it's finished. I wanna put better sliders on it and build a exo. But before that I need to rebuild the trans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

prerunner

Reaction score
Make / Model
Blue oval!
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
Don't grow up. You'll waste your youth wanting to be older then realize its a trap when you are. Then you'll waste your most productive years trying to recapture your youth. :dunno: But everybody does it I guess.

By all means keep going on your toys. An exo would look wiggid on your 87. Can't really comment on your 99 but I think you should have a dedicated page for it. Even a slow build can be fun to watch.

I had a 16 1/2 hour day yesterday and have today off. I want to check out a couple boneyards if I can wake all the way up. Always something cool to be found in them.

Rowdy Fitzgerald

Hog hunter
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987, 1989
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
6”
Tire Size
I didn't waste my youth lol. I moved out when I was 18 and started traveling. I ended up crossing the U.S. multiple times before I turned 20.

Now I'm creeping up on 29 yo and my girlfriend is 10 years younger than me lol.

Ya they're still going just slower now that I'm trying to save money to build a house. I figure I need to get the Trans rebuilt, build a exo and install the efi kit. That oughta cost another $2000 then the truck will be "done".

prerunner

Reaction score
Make / Model
Blue oval!
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
lol No, it doesn't sound like you wasted your life at all. Sounds like you had a blast. Building your own house is a helluva good idea, as is having a 10 year younger girlfriend. Kudos to you, sir.
Idk if a project can truly ever be finished though. I have friends who have had project vehicles longer than their marraiges or homes. Just saying.

I got thrown out of my home at 15 and had my own place within 4 months. I believe you can achieve anything you put your mind to. Been trying to start over after going broke around 2008 when the economy went bad. I've started another business but have been having a hard time getting it going so I'm truck driving again. (thats my fallback.)

The 93 Ranger, 90 Bronco II, my 72 IH 1/2 ton shortbox (much longer term project) are just hobbies. Getting back to my pre-2008 success level is the goal. :icon_thumby:

Rowdy Fitzgerald

Hog hunter
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987, 1989
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
6”
Tire Size
Thank you! I had a pretty good run. I started dating Sydnee about a year ago. The hardest part is she's mildly autistic. She is emotional some times.

Ya they're never really done.

Damn you started early! I hope you can get back to being where you wanna be.

I'm toying with the idea of getting a loan or trying to save up the money for the house. Either way it'll be a while until something actually happens.

I just have the two Rangers and possibly the 3rd if I decide to follow through with building it. I'm looking into buying a 2wd 94 dodge diesel. It needs a trans rebuild though. But I can get it cheap.

prerunner

Reaction score
Make / Model
Blue oval!
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
I'll get there. I believe in myself.

Women in general take some patience. Dad used to say 'if it has t!ts or tires you'll have trouble' and danged if he wasn't right.
Mines Filipino and although shes a decent woman, she has no idea how to be in a relationship. So ours is as awkward as could be. But we keep working on it and thats important too.

I think my next truck, if its not a winter beater will be another Super Duty. Best truck I ever owned. :icon_thumby:

Rowdy Fitzgerald

Hog hunter
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987, 1989
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
6”
Tire Size
Ain't that the truth!

Never dated a girl that wasn't white, native or Mexican. Sydnee is the first chick I've thought about marrying. I'm still tryin to figure it out as we go lol.

Super dutys are def tuff rigs. The only thing I've seen that I don't like are the front hub assemblies and the rear leaf springs. My buddy has gone through at least 3 sets of bearings and 2 sets of rear leafs. He snaps the back of the springs off at the axel u bolts. I had to replace them when I was workin for him.

prerunner

Reaction score
Make / Model
Blue oval!
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
All modern fullsize rigs have some awkward thing that needs fixing regularly. The unit bearings in the hubs are awful. The hubs and rear springs aren't too difficult to tackle and aftermarket parts are often better.
My 03 SD was an early 6.0 that was supposed to be the worst thing ever but it was deadly reliable for me despite constant trailer towing and less than ideal maintenance. I had one hub that needed a replacement and had a brand new set of Warns on the seat when it was stolen. Never broke a thing and the only warranty item was Ford wanting to put bilingual (English and French) decals on the engine.
In my book thats pretty good. :word:

I wasn't going to say anything but I've found the Dodge diesel 2wd's are hard on front suspensions. Had a buddy do his three times before he gave up. http://blog.dieselpowerproducts.com/dodge-front-end-issues-and-the-dreaded-death-wobble

Prior to Maria I never dated anything but white women. I've found Asian women to have attributes I wanted in a woman. In general they're more fit yet petite and feminine, more family oriented and better with money.
Marriage isn't really on the table until she starts being more of a team player in the relationship. And I could do with more space for "my junk." (her term for my toys)

Rowdy Fitzgerald

Hog hunter
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987, 1989
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
6”
Tire Size
Very true!
I don't have any experience with dodge diesels. If I get the one I'm looking at I'll get my fill.
Never dated a Asian. The only one I've known was horrible with money and turned lesbian. She was hot though.
Ha yeah I imagine that could be a battle.

prerunner

Reaction score
Make / Model
Blue oval!
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
I'm kind of interested in an F250 SD 4x4 although it has a vehicle inspection order on it right now. Kid bought it off his grandfather and beat the left front corner and signals and the right door and mirror out of it. But its low mileage, cheap and runs perfect. I'm waiting for the guy to get desperate and to gather a little more than a grand. See if it stays still for long.
If I miss it I'll find another like it. Not too hard.

Rowdy Fitzgerald

Hog hunter
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987, 1989
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
6”
Tire Size
That would be a good truck if it were fixed up. Looks aren't everything!

Rowdy Fitzgerald

Hog hunter
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987, 1989
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
6”
Tire Size
Lol

prerunner

Reaction score
Make / Model
Blue oval!
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
Guy returned my email. It runs and drives and everything. I'm going to check it out this weekend. Its a ferry ride away.
And shades of last year, they're calling for snow... :bawling:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals