• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2.3L Misfire on 94 with 5-spd.

TheRedDevil

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Okay so when I first got my truck in July, it ran very well. No problems driving at all. In the past 2 months, it has had an issue where cylinders 1 and 4 get no spark. It only happens after hard accelerating, high revving, or after going uphill, basically when the engine is under load. I have replaced spark plugs, wires, the O2 sensor, and the ignition coils. I have a feeling it could be the Ignition Control Module. Does anyone have the same problem or any experience with this problem? Just a side note, it only started after I helped a friend move and hauled some furniture and had to do some highway driving. The truck handled the highway just fine but dropped two cylinders when I stopped at a stop sign on the exit ramp. After turning the engine off for about an hour as we unloaded the truck, the truck fired right up and had no problems. After the highway trip back, the two cylinders stopped firing again. Now the previously mentioned problem is almost a daily event. PLEASE HELP!!!

SRich

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3 EFI
Transmission
Manual
Welcome to the club. The ICM may be affected but probably a wiring issue. I have a dual plug engine and have close to the same thing. Replaced coils, plugs, wires. Replaced ICM with a Duralast then when the same symptoms showed up two weeks later I put in a BWD from O'riely's. Ran ground wire directly from ICM to battery. Still have problem.

black_demon69

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
what have you checked? i would check fuel pressure when you are having the problem might just be a gremlin in the fuel pump IMO

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals