• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ford ceo favors .50/gal fuel tax increase

Evan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
What the hell does the UAW have to do with it? I get tired of people blaming the unions for companies problems.

Their contracts were NEGOTIATED, both sides AGREE to the terms. How ****in hard is this to understand!

Simple. Instead of Ford's money going to R&D, it goes into the pockets of overpaid union workers.

The contracts were negotiated, yes. But the UAW was basically pointing a gun at Ford...there is no choice but to agree when you're loosing millions of dollars an hour because the lines are stopped.

AKBroncoII

Reaction score
I wish oil prices would jump back up. We are getting gouged up here anyways so at least maybe it would get some more work going.

Evan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
I wish oil prices would jump back up. We are getting gouged up here anyways so at least maybe it would get some more work going.
Don't worry...they'll go up soon enough. :D

AKBroncoII

Reaction score
I am going to take a hit filling up the boat and tow rig but I feel it would be worth it. Diesel is still well over 3$ a gallon and closer to 4$ a gallon at the fuel dock.

doorgunner

Lab Rat for V.A. hospital
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
New Orleans (8' below sea level & sinking)
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!
Fellas, fellas----the unfortunate thing about growing old is the fact that you find out: (1) 90% of everything is a scam.

(2) They're kind enough :)icon_rofl:) to let us keep 10% of what we earn to live on.

(3) i'm too mad to continue....

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I am going to take a hit filling up the boat and tow rig but I feel it would be worth it. Diesel is still well over 3$ a gallon and closer to 4$ a gallon at the fuel dock.
Just a random thought I just had, does marine diesel have road tax on it?

LearjetMinako

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 140ci
Transmission
Manual
A tax increase on fuels is over due. If it does back to something useful like repairing roads or R&D for alt. fuel, then I'm for it. But if its to line pockets and waste it, then no. But no matter the reason, we the people can't really do much except voice our opinion.

Driving a 4-cyl Ranger does have an advantage.

Loanranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1989/
Make / Model
Ford/
Fordzuki
Engine Size
2.9/2.3
Transmission
Manual
Kind of suspicious that ford would want to up gas taxes, and now doesn't need a bailout.... hmmmm..

:tinfoilhat:

:icon_rofl:

gatlin04

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
V6 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
What the hell does the UAW have to do with it? I get tired of people blaming the unions for companies problems.

Their contracts were NEGOTIATED, both sides AGREE to the terms. How ****in hard is this to understand!
It is both of their stupidities............ How friggin hard is it to take a impact wrench and put 2 bolts on........ and then they bitch that someone will come in and replace them for $14 and hour......Both sides are idiotic. ....
there are too many UAW doing too little work for too much pay......... SIMPLE AS THAT

Last edited:

fx408

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
unions were invented to protect the workers from being taken advantage of. Now it allows the lazy to keep their job, AND, is why the big 3 cant keep up to the eastern manufaturers.

hades

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Hmmm... he really needs to listen to the customers and not the politicians. He's not being logical and it might put Ford into more trouble.

Last edited:

Southern_Trendkill

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1961, 2010
Make / Model
Mercury, Mitsub
Engine Size
144 "Thriftpower", 2.4 MIVEC
Transmission
Manual

That's like saying that POW's were guilty of war crimes because they signed confessions. Having a gun pointed at your head pretty much ensures cooperation. Unions don't negotiate anything, they just blackmail, plain and simple.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals