Home Ford Ranger Forum Builders Guide How To Tech Other Articles Featured Rangers Readers Rangers Classifieds Shirts & Decals

Go Back   The Ranger Station Forums > Help Forums - Engine & Transmission Forums > 4WD Systems

4WD Systems Transfer Cases & Locking Hubs.

Old 08-12-2008, 04:01 PM   #1
speaste

Vehicle Year: 1984
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Ranger
speaste is on a distinguished road
Default Transfer Case shifter Cam

Ranger Experts:

Just got a well used 84 ranger 4x4 and I noticed if I shifted into 4H from 2H I could not get back to 2H. I took the boot off the shifter and the plate/bracket the shifter rides through is loose (just sitting there with the shifter lever coming through it. So, when I pulled back the shifter the plate moved back with the shifter. When I pushed it back towards 2H, the plate hits the floor pan and will not move forward unless I guide it under the floor pan.

I imagine this shifter guide bracket is supposed to attach and bolt down somewhere there? How is this bracket supposed to attach?

Thanks!
speaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement - Don't want to see the forum ads? Click HERE to find out how to be a Premium Member.

5% Rock Auto Discount Code: 83E98FB3D89C78 Expires: June 26, 2018
Old 08-12-2008, 04:07 PM   #2
BlackBII
Ranger Custom

Vehicle Year: 1989
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Ranger
I use this vehicle for: Wasting time
BlackBII has a brilliant futureBlackBII has a brilliant futureBlackBII has a brilliant futureBlackBII has a brilliant futureBlackBII has a brilliant futureBlackBII has a brilliant futureBlackBII has a brilliant futureBlackBII has a brilliant futureBlackBII has a brilliant futureBlackBII has a brilliant futureBlackBII has a brilliant future

If you look on the drivers side of the Tcase, you'll see the linkage, the bracket is held on by 1 14mm bolt, it may be behind one of the linkage arms(that's on all the T-Cases Ive seen anyway)

I bet that bolt is just loose or missing, there is also a giant bolt that holds the actual shifter that may also be loose.

1989 Ranger build - 4.0 swap, 7.5, Dana 35, 4.56 gearing, Lockers, 6" lift, Electric power steering

1976 Fiat 131 build

1990 BII-R.I.P.
BlackBII is offline   Reply With Quote