• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Swap clip?

jarfly

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Looking in to doing air ride build on a i beam truck, Since I beams seem to be the worst thing in mini trucking I'm thinking of doing a clip/frame swap.
I am looking at using a s10 clip and square tube. With useing a s10 clip do I have to narrow or widen the s10 stuff?

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Stuff from a 98 and newer Ranger, or an early 90s Toyota truck will be better options than an S10. They both have a Ranger bolt pattern and rack and pinion steering. The s10 has a different bolt pattern and recirculating ball steering.

jarfly

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Was thinking s10 for price wise, most likely I can get a frame for next to nothing, but a yota newer ranger should not be to hard, With doing any of these how does it affect the track width vs the stock ranger?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals