• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Coil Springs...

Lpannell25

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
Well its got new shocks and new rear leafs might as well finish off the suspension for now and do the coil springs....

Come to the realization this is going to be my daily driver for now and will become a project truck later in its life so there for i need to get away from the whole lets make it a badass off road rig idea lol...

That being said i would like to get away from the whole lets jack it up idea (for now) and when i did the leaf springs i bought the universal lift kit just for the 4 ubolts inside as opposed to buying them individually... they came with a 1 inch aluminum block so i figure what the hell i want to use this...

so if i put that block in the back what would be the best plan of attack to level the front? order some stock coil springs from rockauto and use the washer method (stacked washers as coil springs) to level the truck precisely(i figure i can tweak it more or less if i use this method), maybe even buy some coil spacers? or should i try and get bigger coil springs instead of doing the spacers?

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 1987
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 4Cyl, 2.9 EFI V6
Transmission
Manual
So its my understanding that you have a 1inch aluminum block in the back along with new leafs? for a total of 1" of lift? If its only an inch you could do the washer lift. for about that or you could probably do a full size explorer coil but that would probably give you more than what you want..

http://therangerstation.com/tech_library/WasherCoilSpacers.htm

Lpannell25

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
no the blocks arent in but i have them... and im wondering when i do the coil springs when i put those blocks in the back should i just get oem coils and do coil spacers or the washer thing

greasemonkey6886

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
If the front needs a little lift to level it you could either put a set of explorer 4door coils or washers. The coil spacers would probably be too much.

trail B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My new coils settled quite a bit.Probably whats going to happen is you will put new springs in drive them for a while with a rough estimate on height about 3/4 of an inch spacer with the back like you want it.Then measure them after about 2 months measure the height again and if it's off very far shim it again to get it closer.One of the advantages of the washer shim method is you can change it later.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals