• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Scored something else..woo hoo!!!

reno

Reaction score
Was given a V-Hull 14ft Boat. The axle on the trailer is bad, I was going to weld it so I can take the Boat home. A guy came through my gate and asked me If I wanted a 14ft boat trailer (he did not know that I was given a 14ft boat either....weird huh? the Lord works in mysterious ways), so I get to pick up the trailer on Monday and haul it home, I guess I will drop the boat on the ground and swap the trailers that way and cut up the bad trailer to make it into a trailer where I can haul stuff. Wonder what is next?

Oh yeah, the boat is out of time, I fixed this boat once for this guy (my Brother in law), he kept messing with the engine (like he does on all his motors) and knocked it out of time. He went out and bought a 12ft boat because this one had to many problems, just like his cars,lawnmowers,chainsaws,etc...... So yes, I score a lot of stuff from him :icon_thumby: 2 chainsaws,highwheel pushmower, 2 12hp twin cylinder engines, and now a boat. He had this engine so bad one time I had to hook it up to 2 batteries (24volt) just to get it to start, when I finished, it would start right up and purr, god knows what it is like now, but as always with his stuff, probably something easy, either way I am out $0.00!!!!:icon_thumby:

Slingblade

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Nice, aluminum or fiberglass. DeeperV or more shallow, like a lowe line? What size engine, make and approx. year?

Chris

MAKG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Some engines break when they get out of valve-time. They can get permanently damaged when out of spark-time as well, but it has to be WAY out (preignition).

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Some engines break when they get out of valve-time. They can get permanently damaged when out of spark-time as well, but it has to be WAY out (preignition).
For that price if there wasn't even an engine on it would still be a good deal though.

reno

Reaction score
It is a Fiberglass boat, a mercury engine (125 I think), still runs, just hard to start again. I think it is a 1975 model, I'll have to call my brother in law and ask him. Either way, I will have a trailer as well, cut it down to be a haul stuff type of trailer and if anything else I can sell it and make $$$$$$$$.

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Nice score! I picked up a boat last summer for $100...it's a 17' fiberglass v-hull with an 80 horse Johnson. Even came with a trailer.

It's amazing what you can find sometimes.

metalmacguyver

Yeah, I built that.
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 7.3
Transmission
Manual
Older boats are hard to sell. They are even harder to dispose of. Junkyards dont want them ect....

Just rememeber, you actually have to sell the stuff to make money. I collected so much stuff to "fix and sell" that I had to make 3 trips to the scrapyard with my 6*10 trailer. Was a decent payday though.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals