• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What are these bolts originally for? Console?

Bampity

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Credo?
Pic related.

1985 Bronco 2 XLT 4x4.

4 bolts between the front seat approximately 3-1/4" x 6-1/8".

Are these from a center console?
The markings in the carpet are from the autozone special that wedged between the seats and sucks. Can't even adjust the seats with it in there.

I haven't had the opportunity to score one from a bone yard but maybe someone here has that they can measure the mounting flange and let me know if one will fit right in. If these bolts in my floor are for this purpose.

Thanks in advance for any information you guys can provide.

Bampity

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Credo?
That's what I'm hoping but before I get elbow deep in someone else's tossed exploder, I'd like to know for certain what I'm working with to avoid another part in the back that "I'll get around to."

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
There is a console that goes in there. I have on in my BII, don't have any pics though.

Bampity

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Credo?
There is a console that goes in there. I have on in my BII, don't have any pics though.
Thanks for your reply.

Do you recall if the bolts I pictured are for a console?

Any info on whether the explorer fits those? Ranger maybe?

I saw the tech article with exploded view and diagrams but there's no dimensions.

deathcyte

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Counsel for sure, ranger explorer (1stgen at least) fit, those bolts actually bolt down the armrest mount, then the counsel mounts to the arm rest mount and the front behind the shifter with 2 small sheet metal screws. Go look at one at a wrecking yard, it's self explanatory, I put one in my ranger that did not have one, easy to do.

Bampity

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Credo?
Well, I did find a console.

Those bots I pictured did not fit the arm rest mount though. I don't recall what year Explorer I got it from eventhough I grabbed it today.

It was really easy to install. It was a snug fit and I had to move it back some because I have the Z Gate shifter and the bolts would've put the cup holers into the shifter base.

I had to take the whole console apart, fit it into location with the arm rest, marked and drilled some new holes and just bolted it through the single pane of metal floor. I ended up mounting the front bracket to the console and from underneath drilled two holes up into the console to help locate the bolts for the front mount. The cup holders cover that part so it will never be seen.

The console doesn't color match as well as it does in the picture but we will get that coordinated later. I was so excited to see a complete console that I just had to put it in. I even found its first quarter in the pick it lot! :yahoo:

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

det107

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The console doesn't color match as well as it does in the picture but we will get that coordinated later.
Looks good :headbang: -

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals