• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Greetings all... MAF sensor appetite

Craiger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
You can only spend your money once then it is gone forever
That's a wrap, back on the road

I would like to thank you all for the support and information.
I was able to get the fuel pump replaced.
All the hydraulics except for the master cylinder replaced. That includes the wheel cylinders and the calipers. The steel lines were replaced by fabricating new ones out of that alloy brake line nickle copper. That brake line was nice to work with.
I found that lines leading away from the ABS unit have stainless flex lines built in for about 6" so I cut just below these lines leaving enough solid brake line so I could add a flare nut and then flare the tube. I used flare unions to join old and new lines. I should mention that the one rear and two front rubber lines were replaced as well.

Bleeding the brakes for me has become an easy one person operation and unless the master cylinder is sucking air, all one need do is insure the reservoir is full and open the bleeder furthest away from the master cylinder. That is all I ever do, let the fluid drip shut it off and go on to the next. Remember brake fluid is soluble in water but loves to eat paint. I never work on brakes without a spray bottle filled with water, great to knock dust out of the air and or wash away brake fluid.
The brake shoes were replaced just because they were old, 16 years old to be exact. The brake drums looked rusty but were smooth and true and were used as is, remember, this Ranger only has 72,000 miles.
The front rotors where just fine, the pads, premium ceramic, were installed. This vehicle had sat unused for over a year. During the test drive the brakes were quiet and have remained so now for the past month.
I feel confident the brake lines will now out last me
I might add, all the rear brake hardware was replaced and lube where required with Wagner white brake grease. Believe it or not, the parking/emergency brake cables were still fully functional. Them cables can be a real pain if one fails to understand that they are stuck in an applied condition. If that happens to you either replace the cable(s) or don't install them onto the brake lever inside the drum. Fully functional self adjusting rear brakes are really a joy and I must say that after sixteen years of service some serious overhaul was necessary.
Thanks The Ranger Station
I'll be back,
Craig

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals