• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

8.8 limited slip 3.73

Dprocks100

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
8.8 limited slip 3.73 price

So I found a deal on a 8.8 limited slip 3.73 axle off of a 4wd 1994 ranger (the door code is R6) that the engine went out and he is now parting out. I have a 1991 2wd 2.3L ranger with an open 3.08 7.5 (door code 82). I know it will bolt right up to my truck and that it is an inch longer on each side than the one I have. It comes with all the brake accessories, drums, and the seals and bearings have been replaced recently. and the brakes are still good. He wants $300 for it.

Is it a good deal? if not, then what would be a fair price for it? and what would be a fair price for my old axle if i were to sell it?

He needs to know by tomorrow if I want it.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Flash Gordan

Savior of the Universe!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Start at $150 and work your way up from there.

bigmark303

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.5
Transmission
Automatic
you could source one out of a junk yard for about $100-$150 complete. $300 is steep for a used limited slip 8.8.

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Prices vary a lot per area. Looks at car-part.com and they only listed three for Utah, one at $300, one at $275 and one said call. Nearest yard around here sells them for $300-350 open without brakes.
Dave

rawrrediffer86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I paid 350 for mine at the junkyard. Be careful with them I've already gone threw 2. & no that axle is about $300 at the junkyard I know I manage one.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Dprocks100

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well, I didn't buy it. The guy decided not to sell it off his truck and instead try to sell the truck as a whole.

Instead, I bought a Explorer axle last night with 4.10 gears and L/S and It has all the brake components so all I have to do is flip the brackets and weld the shock mounts and bolt her right up. Plus I payed $350 for it. Much better deal in my opinion. I get the 31 spline with disk brakes! Planning on putting her on this weekend/next week.

rawrrediffer86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I have disc brakes on my ranger but I did the mod for it. Mustang brakes. :) haha. I love them. & plus alot easier to work on. $350 is a very fair price.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals