• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

The gun thread...

74duster318

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 and 302
Transmission
Manual
I have one of these in within my grasp.

It is missing it's scope and mount, and doesn't have the cheek piece....but could very well be an original M1D sniper rifle. Doing some research yet, but it could very well be my next addition...and one hell of an investment.

:yahoo:

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
i'd love to have a garand, especially a ww2 era. i'd hate to have had to carry one in combat, my grandpa lucked out with his m1 carbine

02RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I have one of these in within my grasp.

It is missing it's scope and mount, and doesn't have the cheek piece....but could very well be an original M1D sniper rifle. Doing some research yet, but it could very well be my next addition...and one hell of an investment.

:yahoo:
That's quite an interesting scope... can you elaborate on it?

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
i have a m1 garand.. love it. 8 rounds doesn't jam. just watch your thumb! lol

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
That's quite an interesting scope... can you elaborate on it?
they were 2.5x weaver scopes, if i'm not mistaken? mounted offset to the left of the chamber

02RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
they were 2.5x weaver scopes, if i'm not mistaken? mounted offset to the left of the chamber
Makes sense, that way they can still use the stripper clips...

74duster318

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 and 302
Transmission
Manual
Nothing special with the scope really. It's an M84. Low power, just over 2x. Fine crosshairs. Mounted offset to the left like 88_Eddie said, which allows you to load the 8 round clip.

RatDog8o8

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Just saw this thread....way cool stuff, even though I'm not a "gun person". I have a Glenfield .22, and some CO2 pistols, but that's about it. I do have something that someone here may know about, though - it's a training rifle. Stamped into the butt-plate: Dummy Training Rifle - Mark 1 U.S.N - Parris Dunn Corp. - Clarinda Iowa

My dad was in the Navy, in the SeaBees on Guadalcanal.....he told me that it was just like the one he had used in training. Any info?

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Just saw this thread....way cool stuff, even though I'm not a "gun person". I have a Glenfield .22, and some CO2 pistols, but that's about it. I do have something that someone here may know about, though - it's a training rifle. Stamped into the butt-plate: Dummy Training Rifle - Mark 1 U.S.N - Parris Dunn Corp. - Clarinda Iowa

My dad was in the Navy, in the SeaBees on Guadalcanal.....he told me that it was just like the one he had used in training. Any info?
is it a bolt action? it seems i've seen one of those at a gun show, it said 'dummy rifle' on it, so i'm sure i just skimmed over it.

they're dummy versions of springfield 1903 rifles that were used during ww1 (some versions used in ww2 as sniper rifles...best seen in saving private ryan) just like some other guns that were used in ww2, and some that are still around today, the springfield was pretty much a copy of the german mauser.

besides the rate of fire, it was a pretty good gun, mainly due to the large caliber (.30-06).....there's alot of snipers that had kills over 1000 yards with them, pretty damn good when you look at the optics they had at the time

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

That is kind of neat, I live about half an hour from Clarinda and have never heard of one. I did know they had a POW camp there during the war though.

I had to look it up to see what the scoop was:

http://user.pa.net/~the.macs/PDTR.html

mn_smokeater

Firefighter
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.4L V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
hmm i need to post up my new 1911 eh

RatDog8o8

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
That is kind of neat, I live about half an hour from Clarinda and have never heard of one. I did know they had a POW camp there during the war though.

I had to look it up to see what the scoop was:

http://user.pa.net/~the.macs/PDTR.html
Cool link! I've got a bayonet on it, but it's a real one, not a training one. Would like at some point to get a new sling for it, too.

RatDog8o8

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Wow.......that's not just a "gun"......that's a Howitzer with a handgrip! I'm not a "gun person"...but I have some I do like. I figure, if I ever got any guns, might as well get guns!!

This beast, and a semi-auto 12-gauge shotgun. That would be enough for me. Maybe the 50-cal revolver at Bass Pro Shops. Ok....that would work.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals