• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New Member, New Ranger, same demented mind

zulu45

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
Well, I originally had a Ford F150.

This was taken on the day I got it. Was a 2002 F150 with the FX4 package. I loved that 5.4L V8. The truck worked perfectly, until an unfortunate incident. I pulled over off of the road, as a funeral line passed, out of respect. I was off the road completely, warning lights on and everything. A white Mercury Sable pulled in behind me... it just didn't slow down.

The damage to the bed of the truck was bad...

The damage UNDER the bed was worse...

This had happened the day before finals week at college, merely five days before departing for an international trip. I needed a vehicle fast, and decided on a 2008 Jeep Patriot, as it had everything I wanted in a vehicle.

Throughout all the time I have used this, including two very bad ice storms, it had never failed me, and kept begging for more and more abuse. That being said, when it comes to hauling something, it just doesn't seem to cut it. As a result of the massive ice storm we received here in Kentucky, there were a great deal of limbs down, limbs that needed to be dumped in the woods. It was evident that, despite all the advantages of the Patriot, I needed a truck.

Being the minimalist that I am, I wanted a simple, basic truck with not-so-simple capabilities. So, I decided on the 2009 Ford Ranger XL with the 4.0L V6, 4x4, a limited-slip rear axle, all-terrain tires, and a 5-speed automatic transmission.

I drove this home just yesterday, so I haven't tested it's off-roading capabilities. I do intend on adding a few modest aftermarket parts such as skid plates, new shocks, fog lamps, and a brush guard, and possibly some off-roading lights (to the brush guard). I am also working on creating a mount for the Blackhawk Serpa holsters, so that I can have a mount in which I can swap out my different holsters to allow for an easily accessible concealed firearm. (Don't worry, I'm licensed.)

I don't intend on selling the Patriot. It will still be my daily driver. But seriously, as the song says, there's something women like about a pickup man. :D I'm gonna have some fun with this thing... and will probably do a stupid thing, or two, as well.

Last edited:

B2 Addict

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
37x12.50-17
3rd times a charm!! :icon_thumby:
Nice to see you realized what was really needed! :headbang:

Nice Ranger, Welcome to TRS!! :icon_cheers:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals