• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Amazing 88 BII Barn Find!!

Riehlsasy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
So I've been a fan of the Bronco II since the 80's. A 1984 Manual 4x4 was the first car I owned in high school (Blue on Blue). Then in the mid 90's I ended up purchasing an amazing 88 (Grey on Blue) XLT which was my baby. I owned it for 10 years and with life and adding a child into the mix I was forced to sell her. For the last 5 years I had scoured the internet daily, all across the US, looking for that nostalgia vehicle to fill the void of my Youth! One of the most important things for me was finding the classic XLT Blue interior in excellent condition, which I must say is way harder than it sounds! Well finally after all the searching I found this beauty. Her name is "Daisy" she is a 1988 Manual 4x4 with 56,000 original miles. She was a single owner and I purchased her out of an estate in California and had her shipped to Florida. Amazingly, she was garage kept so the paint is original and with some wet sanding and buffing the paint looks almost brand new! I've been in the process of fixing and replacing some trim pieces here and some other stuff there but nothing major. I did put some 29x10.5x15 Thornbirds on her just because she looks so awesome with them and she's and in town driver so tire wear is not and issue for me. I'm so happy that I waited and was patient to find the right one. Everywhere I go I get compliments on her all day long. Have to love those out there that respect a classic!!

**Karlie :)

Attachments

Last edited:

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thornbird... that is a name I have not heard in a long, long time.

Nice find though, nice clean trucks are only getting harder and harder to find. :icon_thumby:

BlackBII

Ranger Custom
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
That's like a time capsule. Very clean and nice BII. :icon_thumby:

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3 inch body lift
Tire Size
Nice find. She looks really good. Patience is a good thing occasionally lol.

IIBRONCOS

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
So I've been a fan of the Bronco II since the 80's. A 1984 Manual 4x4 was the first car I owned in high school (Blue on Blue). Then in the mid 90's I ended up purchasing an amazing 88 (Grey on Blue) XLT which was my baby. I owned it for 10 years and with life and adding a child into the mix I was forced to sell her. For the last 5 years I had scoured the internet daily, all across the US, looking for that nostalgia vehicle to fill the void of my Youth! One of the most important things for me was finding the classic XLT Blue interior in excellent condition, which I must say is way harder than it sounds! Well finally after all the searching I found this beauty. Her name is "Daisy" she is a 1988 Manual 4x4 with 56,000 original miles. She was a single owner and I purchased her out of an estate in California and had her shipped to Florida. Amazingly, she was garage kept so the paint is original and with some wet sanding and buffing the paint looks almost brand new! I've been in the process of fixing and replacing some trim pieces here and some other stuff there but nothing major. I did put some 29x10.5x15 Thornbirds on her just because she looks so awesome with them and she's and in town driver so tire wear is not and issue for me. I'm so happy that I waited and was patient to find the right one. Everywhere I go I get compliments on her all day long. Have to love those out there that respect a classic!!

**Karlie :)
Daisy is one heck of a nice 1988 Bronco II. It's no wonder you get compliments with that classic design, and color combo. I am working on rejuvenating a 1988 Bronco II with 46,000 orig miles. Nice find !!

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
Looks great, not to sure about those tires though but its not my vehicle.

Can't imagine someone wanting something they have to manually roll the windows up and down in and manually lock the doors LOL. Yep, my 84 Ranger was the same way loved that truck, it was my first vehicle in high school, and yep I kick myself for selling it as the body and paint still looked like it just left the showroom and the interior was still in great shape except for the normal cracked dash, the seat still was brand new because grandpa put a seat cover on it the day he bought the truck new.

I have an 88 B2 eddie bauer edition. It needs a bit of work but overall its in really good condition considering what it could be and comparing to my 84 B2 that was rusting all over the place. Love the Bronco 2's probably because its so close to the Ranger I grew up with.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
That thing is nice.

I have an 88 BII guardrail edition. I love it, but it is rough and I am looking to move on to a full size.

Riehlsasy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks Guys :) Yeah its too funny about the manual windows and locks! LOL I was actually searching for that as well. Very throwback! I'm spoiled with my everyday driver of a 2014 Ram 2500 Megacab Deisel loaded out so its super cool to jump and and roll the windows down and manually lock the doors. In a time where everyone seams to have keyless entry with a clicker its a trip to walk up and put the key in the door!

As for the Thornbirds the pictures don't do them justice. On my Gray 88 I had years ago I had them and they look very complimentary. I always got compliments on them then which is why I put them on again this time around.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
Thanks Guys :) Yeah its too funny about the manual windows and locks! LOL I was actually searching for that as well. Very throwback! I'm spoiled with my everyday driver of a 2014 Ram 2500 Megacab Deisel loaded out so its super cool to jump and and roll the windows down and manually lock the doors. In a time where everyone seams to have keyless entry with a clicker its a trip to walk up and put the key in the door!

As for the Thornbirds the pictures don't do them justice. On my Gray 88 I had years ago I had them and they look very complimentary. I always got compliments on them then which is why I put them on again this time around.
The picture throws the tires off so it just doesn't look right. I bet with a 2" lift it would really set it off.

My newer truck has power windows, power locks, and all that stuff, there's not door lock cylinder in the passenger door so you either have to unlock it with the remote or unlock the driver's door first...which with this truck you turn the key twice and it unlocks all the doors.

My 88 B2 has power windows and power locks, but the power locks don't work and not worth messing with it to fix them and the back hatch lock assembly was removed by the PO so not much use locking the doors anyways on it LOL. Also has the dreaded A4LD automatic transmission, hope the rebuild lasts many...many years.

My 84 Bronco 2 had the 5 speed manual transmission, manual locks, manual windows, etc. Loved it except for the major rust issues and couldn't keep the starter in place. I'd drive my B2 most of the time, then I'd get in my newer truck and be stomping the floor board for the clutch and reaching for the gear shift.

Slammin Sam

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Riehlsasy, Great find! I appreciate your search. Mine lasted 8 months before I found my 89 with 140,000 pampered one owner miles. All original, every receipt since new including the window sticker. This is my 3rd 89, since I bought the first in 1994. Mine is a daily driver. B2s are great little trucks. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.

buzz88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
great find

Great B2. Had been on the hunt myself for one like my first B2 and 88 XLT, always so hard to find one not beat and exactly the same as your original, I ended up with a fairly close clone an 87 XLT with a little different color combo interior and exterior but an original owner with 58k miles and all original with a factory sun roof, no rust and in great condition. they are out there!!

PonyUp

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Stunning. Congrats on your search success.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals