• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2010 seat swap?

Ken N.

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I am going to buy a 2010 Ranger this is the base. The problem is the pleather seats. #1 I heard they are not comfortable.( I am 60 short and f%^ and bad back) . #2 I understand that the biggest problem is the air bags? Do all 2010 have air bags in the seats ? Can the seat be swaped with other FORD seats with air bags. Or change the cover and add soft thin layer of foam cloth ect? I am a car guy but air bags and computers I don't really want to mess with I know it is DANGEROUS! THANK YOU!

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
There are no airbags in the seats. The passenger seat has an airbag cutoff switch controlled by a weight sensor and both sides have some sensors for the seatbelts but no actual airbag in or on the seats.

The most common upgrade is to find bucket seats and center console from an explorer to replace the 60/40 ranger seat. Depending on what year donor vehicle you get your new seats from dictates how much fiddling youll need to do to install them. but for the most part its a fairly straightforward swap. No need to mess with airbags or computers. Some basic wiring may be necessary though.

Ken N.

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
THANK YOU!!!!! Now to find better seats. Appriciate it verry much!

Burls

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3 DHOC
Transmission
Automatic
2010 and 2011s do have airbags in the seats. You're only options are buckets from the same vintage ranger.

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
2010 and 2011s do have airbags in the seats. You're only options are buckets from the same vintage ranger.
Care to explain? What use would an airbag under the seat be? My truck is 09 but late and their is no such thing. Side airbags maybe but the seats are interchangeable between 98-2011 except the electronics. Which are sensors. If I'm wrong I'll bite my tounge but there's not even a part number from ford for a "seat" air bag in 2010-2011. Did you have special ejector seats?

Last edited:

Burls

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3 DHOC
Transmission
Automatic
The airbags are on the door side of driver and passanger seat backs, they provide side impact protection. 10 and 11's where the only rangers to be equipped with them along with adjustable head rests. I'm willing to bet you will get an airbag light if you swap to an older model seat. I personally find them comfortable, way more comfortable than the vinyl bench in my 03 b2300.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals