• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

98+ 2wd mounting plate .dwg file?

ick

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Hey all, it's been years and years of day dreaming about a 5.0 explorer swap and the day has finally come that im making it happen. I had actually forgotten that I needed to build these brackets for my truck until I pulled my my 3.0 engine and realized the offset on the mounts.
Will someone email me the cnc file for the mounting plates? I'm going to use the explorer mounts.

Thanks in advace,
Rick Large
Mesa az

Ford78

December 2012 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
351w
Transmission
Manual
Hey all, it's been years and years of day dreaming about a 5.0 explorer swap and the day has finally come that im making it happen. I had actually forgotten that I needed to build these brackets for my truck until I pulled my my 3.0 engine and realized the offset on the mounts.
Will someone email me the cnc file for the mounting plates? I'm going to use the explorer mounts.

Why not just use the explorer 5.0 plates and motor mount? That what I did on mine, check eBay or ur local junk yard.

ick

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Why not just use the explorer 5.0 plates and motor mount? That what I did on mine, check eBay or ur local junk yard.
Because my truck is 2wd with coil spring suspension. The original 3.0 mount on the driver side bolts to a spacer box then to the frame, the passenger side bolts directly to the frame. Aside from the difference in height, they are also off-set with the passenger mount a few inches further forward.
I've seen Brian's design for use with the ford 4.0 SOHC mounts but figured someone must have used the explorer mounts by now with a similar plate. If not, i'm considering making and using a spacer block like the one on the driver side and drilling a new hole on passenger side to line them up evenly front/back.

win

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I've found that the offset that lowers the right side of the engine makes things way to tight at the rack an pinion unit.

Instead, consider using flat plates on both sides with a 3/8" spacer or offset upwards on the left.

ick

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks Win. Did you use another spacer block on the passenger side crossmember or remove the driver side block? Also, I assume these plates are for using the 5.0 explorer mounts?

win

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Pulled the spacer from under the left engine mount and used a new set of Ranger 3.0/4.0 mounts.

Jbrown1238

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
None
Pulled the spacer from under the left engine mount and used a new set of Ranger 3.0/4.0 mounts.
I will second that, I also pulled the driver side spacer and used the 3.0/4.0 mounts. 99 2wd coil spring, 00 Explorer 5.0 w/oem steel pan.

ick

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Okay, I think that makes sense now why you needed another 3/8 spacer on the left side. I'll check that route. And probably test fit it a time or two before settling on a route. Thanks for the drawing. My 3.0 mounts are puny compared to the 5.0 mount which is why I wanted to stick with them. And the right side mount is a PITA to remove so I'm thinking of adding a spacer to that side if not only to make it easier to change the mount plus it will give me the pan clearance I'll probably need as long as the firewall and hood stay out of way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

ick

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
So, nobody has done this swap with 2wd & 5.0 mounts?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals