• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Project Bronco II: Share a link to your thread.

Darknight

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Hey Guys,

This is the second Bronco II that I have had, but I have never created a thread and shared my progress along the way. Ive got some good ideas for this one, that are very low in cost, but have a huge impact on the look and capability of the BII. Ill get into that a little later as Im running out the door to class. In the midst of becoming a Carpenter. Here are some pictures of my 1988 BII when I first brought it home, $200+30 for a set of Warn hubs for the Dana 28. Great Deal, it had been sitting for 7 years and the previous owner suspected head gasket, turned out to be something else, can't wait to share my build but I have to run out the door. unfortunately just realized I've got to figure out how to upload photos. Fail to start the thread, ill find some time in class!

POST SOME OF YOUR OWN PHOTOS

Darknight

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual

The day it came home.

Darknight

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Threw on some tires and tossed in a new battery and drive it home. Brakes were locked up, oil was like water and there was next to no coolant. Still made the 75km drive home.(50 miles)

Sent from my ONE TOUCH 6012A using Tapatalk

Darknight

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual

Had a set of 31" advertido/savero mud terrains sitting around so tossed them on. Lots of fender run!

Darknight

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual

Decided to cut the fenders for a little extra clearance, added some rubber fender flares. Hammered the rears out as best I could. 2" wide wheel adapters. From 5x4.5 to 5x5.5 bolt pattern so I can toss on stock full size Bronco rims and a set of 33x12.50r15 bfg mud terrains.

Darknight

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Got really lucky and only paid 30$ for my set of bfgs they may only have 20 % on them but still I'll get a year out of them.unbeatable price.

Darknight

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Here's is a pic of my old BII this is right before I sold it. All I eve
r did was best on it and all it ever did was survive. I'll post a picture of when I first bought it as well. Show me your before and after.

Darknight

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Couple of

Well Im not going to bother trying to upload photos from the computer such a hassle, just going to use my phone and upload them through the APP.

Here is a list of things being done to Project BII:

Interior: Remove seats, tear up all old carpet and add thick asphalt bed liner as new insulation/sound bearier, the old carpet is basically made of moss.
Find a pair or possibly a set of Bucket seats, would be cool to replace the rear seats with some buckets. Haven't decided if I'm going to keep the shitty bench seat in the rear, probably will just remove the rear seats for good and see what happens.

My goal is to keep it as stock as possible, cut the fenders to fit 33`s and add 2" wheel spacers for a wider stance. 2" block in the rear to make a little extra room as my 31`s were getting cut up from the inner edge of the fender.

Im sanding it all down and painting it powder white with Krylon Tremclad Rust Paint that I picked up at walmart for $3/Can . Ill have a bunch of photos to share this weekend.

Going to start sanding it all down tonight, fit the rear fender flares last night so all 4 are set properly before I get into paint. Just a nice spray bomb, I won't be putting more then $1000 into this project,

Cheap Tricks, Huge Results.

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I like cheap.
Looks like a good start.

Richard

country0001

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Looks good. Always fun to start a build. My build thread is in my sig. There is a whole section of B2 builds.

Good luck.

Darknight

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Kk

Sent from my ONE TOUCH 6012A using Tapatalk

Darknight

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual

Oops, here's the paint IM gunna try out. Going to scuff the Bronco with a disk sander, won't be doing much prep.

Gotta take apart the front axle before I put on the 33s. Gottamake sure the Dana 28s wheel bearings aren't shot. It's been sitting for years I expect complete rust. Gotta finish putting the Dana 35 together. But we will see how long the 28 will last. Gotta pick up some new u bolts and get the blocks into the rear. Taking the rims to be sandblasted tomorrow

Darknight

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Well the wheel adapters/spacers came in. 5x4.5 to 5x5.5, 2" wide.
and meet my puppy Rocky!!

Darknight

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I got the 33s on the 15x7.5 stock full size Bronco rims. And sandblasted them. Then I went ahead and installed them with the adapters and I think it's nearly fullsize axle width. Love it

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals