• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

99 Ranger 2wd XLT Lift with more travel (not body lift)

CousinVin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I'm looking into lifting my 99 ranger 3.0 XLT but do not want to do a body lift. My truck already needs new shocks all around, so needing to also replace them is not an issue. What would be the most cost effective way to go about doing this? I'm looking for anywhere between 3-5" of lift. Being on the lower end of that is fine.

Before I'm told to search, I have searched and not found any definitive answers. I understand the easiest for the fronts would be new spindles. Would it be wise to replace the front coil springs with something softer, and if so, what springs would be recommended?

As far as the rear goes, it is my understanding that replacing the rear leafs with chevy leafs and flipped shackles does not provide any lift, just more travel. Could I combine that swap with the Add a Leaf's to level it out with the fronts after the spindles are installed?

Finally, I am looking for shock replacement options that will have the extra travel needed.

Thanks in advance. I know there are a lot of questions but I am new to these vehicles.

truckfan

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I recommend a Fabtech kit, Fabtech Suspension - 4wheelonline.com. It comes with everything you need including shocks. They have two kits-- the 2.5" lift system which consists of front coil springs and the 3" spindle lift kit. Both use AAL for the rear. Using AAL can make the ride a little bit stiff but you will be fine.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals