• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

polymer brake lines

cavallin32563

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
My question is about the brake lines from the master cylinder on my 2004 (mfg June, 04) Ranger Edge 2x4 3.0L 5spd.
I am adding an M&G braking system to our motor home and the Ranger for towing. I bought a 3/16 polymer brake line at NAPA for the motor home part of the installation because I was told any bending could be done by hand and the line would not kink. As part of the installation on the Ranger I will have to place a 4" long cylinder between the master cylinder and the vacuum assist, putting the attached oem brake lines out of position. Those brake lines look very similar to the polymer brake line from NAPA. Before I attempt to modify and possibly damage those lines I need to ask all of you at The Ranger Station if you know anything about the original Ford lines. Are they polymer as they appear or powder coated steel or something else?
I have Googled, I have called the Ford dealer and I have called FoMoCo and none could give me any info. If anyone has an inside number to Ford engineering please share it. Thanks in advance for your help.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals