• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

LED'D out

fang619

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
4 banger
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Size
4 cyl
Transmission
Manual
so after doin alot of searching on ebay ive found i can replace just about every light on my truck with led's for about $30
so far ive ordered:
a pair of white h3 bulbs for my projectors with 26 leds in each
a pair of side marker bulbs with 5 leds
2 pairs of turn signals with 10 leds in each
just about every light except for the tail lights (im waiting to get aftermarket ones first)

im currently waiting for all my bulbs to arrive in the mail from hong kong besides the side markers that i already recieved and am very pleased with so now all i can do is fantasize about putting the rest on

anybody else have good some pics of led on your rig??:icon_cheers:

ForOffRoadDriving

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
ive converted the whole interior of my truck, but ive found that LEDs dont photograph very well, so all of my attempts to capture their awesomeness have been squashed. $30 is pretty good considering i spent around $150 at superbriteleds.com, ive also got some trucklite backup lights in my rear bumper that set me back about $80, but theyre so worth it!

fang619

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
4 banger
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Size
4 cyl
Transmission
Manual
yeah same here with trying to take pics of em, it just sucks ordering from ebay because although it is %95 cheaper than autozone or pepboys it takes weeks to get here, im thinking about putting some leds near my suspension and skid plate, any ideas?

fang619

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
4 banger
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Size
4 cyl
Transmission
Manual
damn those backup light ARE bitchen
those are leds in your reverse lights too right?

fang619

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
4 banger
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Size
4 cyl
Transmission
Manual
30$ damn give me a link
just find out the bulb number you need ie: h1, h2, b3

type it in on ebay and look around for the cheapest price and color you want, i got all of em from different sellers for $1-$8 each

Bondo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 3.0
Transmission
Manual
The Ebay seller named JoeFlorida has great LED pods for customizing interiors (or exteriors). No plug in tail light bulbs and such, but the pods are very good quality for misc bling projects.

I used some on my boat and they are great.

ForOffRoadDriving

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
yeah, theyre LEDS in the backup housing too, theyre luxeon bulbs. the only draw back to the LEDs in the backup lights is that you need something for the light to reflect off from, like a building wall, or snow banks, or a parked car, other wise its hard to see by just looking in the mirrors or through the tinted rear window. i had bought a bunch of green leds from autometer, but at $13 each i returned the ones that were easy to get to and then ordered more green ones on line.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
I bought some too!!! I really like my third brake light that I bought with the led lights!!! I bought that on Ebay as well. Looks sharp and it is very bright.
I have not replaced any of my bulbs yet...I am waiting to do so later on this summer.

fang619

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
4 banger
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Size
4 cyl
Transmission
Manual
I bought some too!!! I really like my third brake light that I bought with the led lights!!! I bought that on Ebay as well. Looks sharp and it is very bright.
yeah i just bought a third brake light from another user with leds and it works really well(especially the cargo light i just discovered the other day) but a few of the bulbs burnt out or something because they arent working, and i cant figure out how to take the damn thing apart!!:icon_confused:

ForOffRoadDriving

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
i just added a pair of 921 leds to the original cargo light and left the 3rd brake light bulb stock. i was messing with red and clear LEDs in the tail lights but none of them were as bright as a normal incadescent bulb, so i left them alone. turn signals are however on my list as well as some pacer fender flares.

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Are the leds in the reverse light bright enough to use without the two big back up lights?

ForOffRoadDriving

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
they are, but since my housings are tinted with VHT niteshades they arent as bright as i would like. i think the bulbs were something like $19.50 each, but they compliment the rest of the leds back there (license plate light, cargo light, and back up lights). the dome lights are ridiculously bright (awesome dope scope), but i havent been able to get a good picture of them at night.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals