• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Aerostar or Jeep intermediate steering shaft

FloridaRanger89

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L going 302
Transmission
Manual
Hello, I am in the middle of my 1989 Ranger build. I am just finishing building a fresh 351W, NP435, Twin sticked NP205 combo I would like to drop in the frame this week. Anyways I was wondering if anybody could help me with a few questions. First, at one point in time I found a great write up involving modifying an intermediate steering shaft from a 90's Ford Aerostar van or a Jeep with 2 U-joints. I have been searching and searching but can not re-find this content and was wondering if anybody could help point me in the right direction. I went to the junkyard today and the only thing close was a 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee I got the shaft out of. Second, as far as exhaust I have not found much that will work without modification with the 351W. I have the engine on a run stand to break in the new camshaft and running some stock 5.0 tubular manifolds but have heard the Ford Mustang Hedman Street Headers 88300 should work can anybody verify that? Last, I am in need of a new hood and to my knowledge the years I can get are only 89-92 correct? Thanks in advance for any information provided. :beer:

FloridaRanger89

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L going 302
Transmission
Manual
If it helps I also have around a 3'' body lift and I am aware in early 91 some RBV have a double U-joint steering coupler are the splines and keys the same as a bolt in swap if I can locate one?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals