• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Need info on best way to find parts

stus87BII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Hey I recently became a proud owner of a 87 Bronco II and the outside is pretty complete but interior I would like to do some upgrades and swaps. Its all red interior I want to change some of that. Both of my door panels are pretty much shot, and I'm missing the back interior hatch panel. Those are the three things that are a must but cant find them anywhere. This weekend I was thinking about going to a salvage yard but who knows. Also little stuff like passenger sun visor, couple knobs missing for the dash. One major thing I want to swap is the front seats. I want Captain chairs and a new console. So which captain chairs will be able to fit in mine?

Can anyone help I thought something like this would be much easier to find parts and I'm new to the bronco world just always have loved them.

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Jeffs Bronco Graveyard and JC Whitney sell door panels. The hatch panel is either going to be junkyard or ebay. Also check your local craigslist.

ab_slack

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
Keep an eye out here for people parting out their vehicles. The door panels will be easier than the liftgage panel as I think the doors are common with the ranger and many more rangers than BIIs.

stus87BII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I saw the door panels on the graveyard site but they looked like hard plastic and had no pockets. I was kind of skeptical on the armrest on there as well. They look hard. Am I right or are they good? Any thoughts on captain chairs?

smccrory60

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8 V6
Transmission
Manual
LMC Truck has the door panels. $170 for the pair.

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I saw the door panels on the graveyard site but they looked like hard plastic and had no pockets. I was kind of skeptical on the armrest on there as well. They look hard. Am I right or are they good? Any thoughts on captain chairs?
The coverlay panels are like that. If you are restoring to stock, they definitely aren't up that. They are decent looking serviceable item. The trouble I found with oem type panels is the lack of decent armrests. AFAIK nobody makes a replacement armrest.

I just put on a set of coverlay panels. The non-attractive thing about them is that they mount with push pins from the panel side (through the panel) using the factory push pin holes. Even so, it's huge improvement over the old stockers and beat up armrests.

MPJs4th

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
You can find most yards here......

car-parts.com

a wide list of salvage yards in the usa and canada.

MPJs4th

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
oops ried to correct....car-part.com

car-part.com
sorry

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals