• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Rest In Peace Lilly Ranger....

Ak907Girl

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.2L/ 11,370Miles
Transmission
Manual
Blown head gasket, clogged CAT... and I am completely flat broke. It's spring time and time for a newer (hopefully a Ranger) Vehicle. The boyfriend wants me to get a Ford F***us, and I'd rather have a new 4X4 Ranger. But Prices are steap and I have no money... at all.... This summer is gonna be fun...... getting to both of my of my Jobs. I'll update as soon as I figure out what the hell I am going to do about all this. Ugh... poor lilly... 317K miles. :bawling: :dunno:

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Ah, the blown head gasket...they are really easy to change...in fact, I can now do it while fully asleep...and I can speak Korean in my sleep...unfortunately, I can only speak it in my sleep...

Oh, sorry, sympathy...empathy...and all that rot...

A head gasket will cost you about $50 and the cat can be fixed by a vet...er, by running a straight pipe till you have the monkey to put on a proper pussy, er, cat...

I guess what I'm trying to say is put some of that gumption that you showed when you first appeared on this you will have that head off and a new gasket on there before you can say "holy cow, that was easy"...

It really is easy...about twenty bolts and a few choice cuss words and Lily will be back in the saddle again...WTF are you thinking?

Rangers don't die...their owners just get tired and weak and wimpy and poop their pants...

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yeah, a four cylinder wouldn't be bad to change a headgasket on at all... lots cheaper than another vehicle.

I gotta pull the heads off mine this summer, 12:1 compression is too much for pump gas. I am not really looking forward to that. Darn grannies putting around everywhere in their Crown Vics carboning everything up... :annoyed:

Last edited:

Beef52751

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i agree, headgaskets are cheap and easy on 4 bangers, adn plugged cats can be fixed with a sawzall and a $5 piece of flex pipe temporarily

Ak907Girl

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.2L/ 11,370Miles
Transmission
Manual
Key word andd complete emphisis on ABSOLUTELY NO MONEY! no awhere where to do the work or the time to do so. I work two freaking jobs and get no sleep. One of you guys can come do the work and buy the parts for me, but Lilly.... she's old and beat up. There's a lot to be fixed on her and I just can't do it.

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
I feel your pain girl...... I got nowhere to work on my junk anymore either...... you gotsta weight the cost of fixing your junk against replacing your junk with other junk you know nothing about that would have problems you know nothing about.

Not going to tell you what to do just help you mourn your loss......

however ...... I would fix what you got and stay with the devil you know. I do understand the part of not having money but you still need to get back and forth to work

Lucifer sam

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
damn, you ranger owners give up to easily! lol
I do all my work out of my driveway, a head gasket is a cake walk!

statley chubs

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Never let a ranger die. put some stuff up on ebay and craigslist if you have too.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Key word andd complete emphisis on ABSOLUTELY NO MONEY! no awhere where to do the work or the time to do so. I work two freaking jobs and get no sleep. One of you guys can come do the work and buy the parts for me, but Lilly.... she's old and beat up. There's a lot to be fixed on her and I just can't do it.

Get out that credit card and either fix it or buy something for now that runs excellent and is reliable so you can get to work....Mr. Buy Here Pay Here works for a lot of people.

disciplerocks

July 2011 OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Nothing wrong with a Focus....

nb11

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
Get out that credit card and either fix it or buy something for now that runs excellent and is reliable so you can get to work....Mr. Buy Here Pay Here works for a lot of people.
Credit cart debt is not cool, and is not an option for some people.

My advice to the OP is wait a few days to cool down a little bit. I know that whenever something tears up on my truck, I get pissed and want to set it on fire. Find somebody who can give you a ride to work for a few days, and next time you get a pay check put aside a few dollars for a gasket. Try to fix what you can to get you to work.

Now, you know your vehicle best and if you feel that you'll be spending all your money on it just to get to work with nothing left over, that would be a good time to part it out or just put it to rest in the back yard somewhere until times get better. Focuses are good little cars, have pretty stout little motors, get GREAT gas mileage, and last a long time. Take care of it and keep the resale value up. Be smart with your money now, and down the road you can get a nice truck.

87rangerxlt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
no money to fix the old one but enought money to buy a new one?

Gotta_gofast

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
6.0L Powerstroke
Transmission
Automatic
Your boyfriend won't purchase a new head gasket for you? I thought he had a huge F250? Credit card debt isn't the problem, its a person's self control with said card. Put $100 on it to get your parts. Then you can actually go to work. Pay the full balance at the end of the month and you have "0.00" balance. Since you have this card, put $50 on it a month (in groceries, gas, or anything else you ALREADY SPEND) and pay the full balance on the next billing period. This allows you to build some credit for future borrowing power.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Credit cart debt is not cool, and is not an option for some people.

My advice to the OP is wait a few days to cool down a little bit. I know that whenever something tears up on my truck, I get pissed and want to set it on fire. Find somebody who can give you a ride to work for a few days, and next time you get a pay check put aside a few dollars for a gasket. Try to fix what you can to get you to work.

Now, you know your vehicle best and if you feel that you'll be spending all your money on it just to get to work with nothing left over, that would be a good time to part it out or just put it to rest in the back yard somewhere until times get better. Focuses are good little cars, have pretty stout little motors, get GREAT gas mileage, and last a long time. Take care of it and keep the resale value up. Be smart with your money now, and down the road you can get a nice truck.

As long as you pay off that card you will be ok. It is the idiots who don't pay it off when they can or should and wind up in trouble.....She works two jobs and has no money??

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals