• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Snowbear Snowplows for Rangers/BII's???

Ctryby26

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
74 302
Transmission
Automatic
I know you are trying to be light weight on your plows, But do you get very many complaints about bending of any sort? I know people with plows on there trucks tend to think they instantly have a tank and can push anything.

SnowBearLTD

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Typically when a case of bent components come through its due to misuse or forcing the plow to do a job it isn't designed for. If the plow is used properly it will give you many years of trouble free use. Check out some of the user submitted videos on youtube to see just how well the SnowBear snowplows perform.

But as far as receiving many complaints of bent plows, the answer is no it is VERY rare.

Last edited:

Ctryby26

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
74 302
Transmission
Automatic
What about having a 6" lift in your truck? Will it still operate correctly?

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I know you are trying to be light weight on your plows, But do you get very many complaints about bending of any sort? I know people with plows on there trucks tend to think they instantly have a tank and can push anything.
I know a story of a guy that was hiring out to push snow for the city and forgot where a railroad crossing was...

SnowBearLTD

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
If the frame is lifted 6" then it would affect the stock plow mount height. This would affect the attack angle of the snowplow.. in order for a snowplow to opperate efficiently, it needs to be able to roll the snow forward rather then pushing the snow straight on. The more forward the plow is angled, the harder it is on the vehicle.

Hope that helps.

CraigK

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
LOT'S of video clips on YouTube showing these plows in action. (Duh! - I didn't look there before.) Switching angles looks easy, and the plow looks light enough for my aging BII. I don't need a commercial grade plow for clearing my driveway, and this SnowBear looks like it will do the job more than adequately.

Thanks Brad/SnowBear for your responses.

CraigK

gribly

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Honda
Engine Size
K20A3
Transmission
Manual
I use a small 4x4 fourwheeler. It's a 2002 Suzuki King Quad - with a factory front locker and 3-range gearbox along with the 5-speed tranny, and we have a manual plow on it. Whole thing used was less money than a plow setup, and it's a hoot to plow with. People say it's too light for what I do, but I just make multiple passes and make good use of the rev limiter when it's really deep - and this will do the worst Maine storms. But, as you all know, I am a nutcase and enjoy a good challenge, and I have wicked fun plowing our 3 driveways with it.

SnowBearLTD

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I use a small 4x4 fourwheeler. It's a 2002 Suzuki King Quad - with a factory front locker and 3-range gearbox along with the 5-speed tranny, and we have a manual plow on it. Whole thing used was less money than a plow setup, and it's a hoot to plow with. People say it's too light for what I do, but I just make multiple passes and make good use of the rev limiter when it's really deep - and this will do the worst Maine storms. But, as you all know, I am a nutcase and enjoy a good challenge, and I have wicked fun plowing our 3 driveways with it.
SnowBear also offers ATV plows in both 48"x19" and 60"x19" blades. These ATV plows are universal for any ATV in 72" length from hitch to nose. The plow is attached at the rear hitch location and the framework runs front to back. This distributes the weight of the snow to the hitch rather than the center of the frame. This ATV plow comes with the bracket for winch lift or a manual lift add-on can be purchased separately.

They are a lot of fun! I've used it on our ATV here shown below. Much more fun than snowblowers for sure!

Last edited:

a31ford

Electronics GURU
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I know the post is old, but it IS a snowbear plow.... AND it's on a ranger....

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals