• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

CB radio location?

QuickSilver

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I had my CB in my 98 just to the right of the pass. airbag selector. I had to drill through the ash tray but it was no big deal for me. My 98 had a manual trans. Therefore I had plenty of room for the radio to sit there.

My 02 is an auto, and it has the goofy cup holder thing on the floor. My radio will not fit where it would in my 98.

Has anyone installed a CB in a truck with the cupholder on the floor? The radio is a galaxy 929, it is similar in size to a cobra 29 or uniden 78.

Thanks, Jacob

Green Mazda

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
I have a 99' and i have got one of the little black cobras to fit imbettween the cup holder and dash right where that flat spot is behind the cup holders. you could aways mount it uder your seat, but if you dont stay on one channel most of the time then it could pose some obvious problems, sorry no pics, the cb was borrowed and the guy wanted it back but it will fit. good luck, post some pics when you figure it out.

VE6WTF

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Drill it to the side of the cup holder?

edgerunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
this is mine idk if its what you needed

my whip setup

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals