• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

08 Fog Light Mod

lone-wolf

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I'm looking at the wiring diagram, and I'm thinking that instead of using another relay like in the tech article for 07+ rangers...

You could use white/red wire from fuse 31, to connect to only the switch side of the fog lamp relay input #1, and disconnect it from input #3(the coil side)

So you have the fused power to the switched side, still need a power to the coil side.

Tap the gray/violent wire from the fog light switch, and run a wire from it to input #3 on the fog light relay.

Now, the brown wire from the relay seems to be going to ground, controlled by low current board which decides if it'll see ground depending on if the high beams are off.
Cut that, and ground the end coming from the relay, where ever is convenient.

Fog light switch is closed, the low current board will see voltage, and know that the fog lights were turned on(I assume that means the fog light indicator in the dash will turn on)
As well, the coil in the fog light relay will be energized and the fog lights switch will close sending power to the fog lights.

Now, I think at a glance, this is essentially what the tech article does. Except they're using the power from the gray/violet with the switch closed, to energized the relay which will send brown to ground, energizing coil in the fog light relay.
Instead, this would use the power from the gray/violet to energize the fog light relay directly, and the brown would direct to ground.

This should work, but I have no idea how the fog light indicator in the dash will react.
Also, I haven't done it, so I can't say if this is easier or harder to do.(should be cheaper, but we're talking a couple dollars)
Seems like you could tap into the gray/violet wire with the brown that's running into the SJB and cap off the end on the SJB side.
Now the other end of the brown wire in the Battery Junction Box, cut it, and ground the end coming from the BJB, and the end coming from the SJB(now tapped into the gray/violet) can be used to input #3 on the relay as described above. Instead of having to figure out how to fish a wire from the side junction box to the battery junction box.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals