• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

rustoleum

509lifted

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l, 4.0 v6
Transmission
Manual
he my names jj im new to the forum i have a 84 bronco 2 thats bone stock exept for grill guard,air horn (as it didnt have a horn), and a coustom sound system. i was wondering if any of u guys have use the rustoleum undercoating rubberized spray at all and if so how long has it held up. also when i shift into second gear i can put the pedal to the floor and it doesnt want to go for a good five seconds. also wondering y my truck dies at times when i pull up to stop light. thanks in advance.

TX84BII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
As far as the undercoating take it to the car wash and use the degreaser/tire cleaner and spray all under it and then use the high pressure soap and then rinse. I'd think it would last for a while.
The transmission I'm not sure.
The stalling at the red light I'd say the carburetor, probably the accelerator pump or power valve in the carb. Might need a rebuild. You could try just changing the fuel filter for starters. Maybe adjust the idle speed up some-I think there is a manual screw somewhere. I'm not totally sure as it might be all computer controlled. I'm sure some of the pro's here will post up some tips.

509lifted

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l, 4.0 v6
Transmission
Manual
thanks and i have replaced both fuel filters. i have tried finding how to tune my carb but my haynes manual nor online anywhere says how

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
I would use POR-15 to undercoat it ...... it would take 100 years for the salt to eat through the por-15. I use to use bedliner to undercoat but por-15 is so much easier to use and all you have to do is get the loose stuff off with a wire brush and paint over the rest.

509lifted

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l, 4.0 v6
Transmission
Manual
where could i find por-15,how much does it cost and how many cans. cause i dont wanna use something that is gonna wear off a few months or so down the road.

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
it would take a grinder and a chisel to get the por-15 off

any paint shop would sell it or could get it......... keep in mind it works best with an already rusty frame.... if your frame is clean I would use something like rust bullet.

509lifted

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l, 4.0 v6
Transmission
Manual
is the works better with rust thing a joke or are u serious... im just askin cause i know how ppl play jokes on noobs lol nevermind lol just looked it up and it said better on already rusted surface. thanks bdab i think im gonna go with the por-15 instead

Last edited:

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
not a joke. POR-15 chemically changes the rust. do a search for por-15 and read the reviews ....... stay away from the reviews that are posted by rustoleum or other products.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals