• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

need help with alarm

nscott

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Hi all i am new to this forum but am in need of some tips I hope. I have a 2003 Ford Ranger/Edge. Tonight I opened the door and the horn alarm started going off the key fob would not shut it off so I disconnected the battery and went back in the store and bought a battery for the fob (just in case that was the problem) Reconnected everything and the alarm still goes off and the engine will not engage. Is there a way to reset this so it will drive to a dealer? As of now it is sitting in the parking lot I would love to not have to tow it as I am sure the cost to reset at the dealer will be expensive.

If this is posted in the wrong place I apologize but couldn't really find a category I thought it should go in Thanks in advance!!!

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Have you tried locking and unlocking the door with the key?

A lot of the alarm systems around that year have a disarm switch on the driver's door lock.

nscott

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks

Yes I believe we did it was very cold and snowing and we tried the power lock button for sure but just in case i will try that in the morning when we go back the morning when I go back. We also left the battery disconnected hoping the system might reset. Would I try that after I hook the battery back up, while the alarm is going off? Thanks for the reply

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Yes. The system won't see the switch cycle if the battery isn't hooked up.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals