• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Need Some Help With My Build

crawfost

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Hey boys and Gals. I am going to buy my first for ranger this weekend or next and then I plan on customizing it. It is a 1995 ford ranger 4.0 L with a V6. I was wondering the following things.

1) If i go with a 6 inch suspension lift will i have to run new brake lines?
2)Is i run 32 inch tires on it will axel spacers be required to make it longer?
3)What do you guys recomend for spacers?
3)What do you guys recomend for lift kits

About my truck. So far i have only orderd the interior customizing. I am going to put 2 12" JL audio subs in it in a custom ford bax! Should sound dirty. I have a custom 8 inch center console and customs taks and all custom interior at the shop! Ill put some pics up! Thanks alot guys let me know please!!

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
1) You would need new extended brake lines for a 6" lift. You may be able to get away with being able to keep the rear brake line if you do something with the mounting bracket. I think there are a few people here that have done it but Im not exactly sure how.
2) Are you meaning wheel spacers? Not needed. You shouldnt need any kind of spacer (wheel or axle). Just a rim with proper backspacing. I have 31s on stock rims and its just fine. Are you planning on new gears?
3) See 2
4) Skyjacker makes a really good 6" kit. Its not exactly cheap though.

crawfost

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Ok. And yeah i ment wheel spacers. Also, do you think that i would need to change my gear ration in my truck?? If so what would i change it to and what would gears set me back?? Thanks alot for all the help man!

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Do you know what gears are in it now? If not use the link at the bottom to find out what you have. I would go with 4.10 to get you back to near factory performance. There may be a chance you have 3.73s stock which would be fine if you are on a budget. If you do end up needing new gears be sure and get a master install kit instead of a basic one. Being a 1995 you may as well change out bearings while you are in there and the master kits come with new ones.

http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/Axles.html

Sounds like you have some pretty cool plans for your truck. Be sure and post up all the progress on it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals