• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Energy Suspension polyurethane Trans mount

cstarbard

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
It do like it be
Hey guys,

Got tired of my old sagging rubber transmission mount on my 96 4x4. Even a new OEM one sagged quite quickly (within a few months), both when sagging threw off my driveshaft slope and caused a lot of unnecessary vibration

I got a new polyurethane mount from Energy Suspension (part no 4.1148 for my application) and just wanted to say these are a HUGE improvement for any 93-97 Ranger. The difference is like night and day.

-eliminated all vibration associated with crappy rubber mount
-didn't compromise my driveshaft slope/pinion angle (came back to where it was set up with brand new rubber mount)
-virtually no movement of transmission over bad roads, during shifts, acceleration; I could see the transmission moving around quite a bit before
-shifts are more positive than they were with even the new rubber bushing, which got shot very quickly

Would highly recommend using the Energy Suspension mount if you need to replace yours. You won't be disappointed. Not even that much more expensive than a crappy local auto parts store replacement mount. Just wanted to share my positive experience with it

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
Good to know (appreciate the report).
Just so happens I just installed one for a buddy on his Explorer, though it hasn't been driven yet because the frontend is still apart for gears, locker & suspension.

I've gone through probably over half-dozen aftermarket rubber mounts myself. Each and every one of them was a piece of s#!t (they last anywhere from two months to one year before the rubber comes unbonded from the metal).

However I've had quite good luck with the OEM Motorcraft mounts (lasting a decade or more). Not sure how much longer they'll be available though (if they're not already discontinued).

cstarbard

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
It do like it be
Sounds like a fun project!

I would 1000% believe the Motorcraft part outlives other brands. At this point I'm going to stop buying anything not Motorcraft lol its just a waste of money due to premature failure. Unbonding is exactly what I've had happen.

Energy stuff seems pretty good. Definitely going back for full cab mount and bushing sets, very pleased so far.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals