• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Project Hooligan

rangerrookie429

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Hasn't yet. I plan on throwing a coat of clear on er just to be sure, but so far its good.

mdn14

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Okay, and last question. Is a rattle can the same as spray paint?

rangerrookie429

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
So its been a while, but things have thawed out and it should be an intereting summer. My Rampage console showed up the other day so my seat swap finally looks complete.

Also jumped in and replaced the 6 major bulbs in the gauge cluster with LED's I got for Christmas.

Little more involved than expected, ended up removing most of the dash.

Old bulbs.

Burnt one from behind my fuel gauge.

Nice new LED's

Got everything back together but couldn't get a night shot due to a dead battery. (Had to use the dome light thanks to a rainy overcast day).
Little note to anyone planning on doing this: They only go in one way. Spent 20mins trying to figure out why brand new bulbs wouldn't light. :icon_twisted:

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
those seats look awesome in there man. nice work.

rangerrookie429

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks RSH some fog lights are next. Then maybe some tails, or a pair of sway bars from Hilbank. Start work next week so its gonna get wild lol.

rangerrookie429

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
It's been a while but I got back on the Ranger again today. I was digging through the shed and I found an old carpet holdown from the back of a bronco my parents had when I was a kid. I absolutely loved that truck so I dug out the saw and cut myself some holddowns where the plastic ones broke in two. They still need to be polished but its a start. I like the look and the fact that a piece of the first Ford I rode around in is now part of the first Ford I've owned.

rangerrookie429

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I then found a deal on a local internet classified website that I couldn't resist. So I am now the proud owner of a 10" kicker subwoofer and accompanying kicker enclosure. Once I have an amp I'll be thumpin away in no time.

I also gotta get some brown fabric paint for the gray part. I also have an explorer overhead console that's most of the way in. I've got the dome light wired in but still need to do the compass and thermometer.

Don't touch that dial.

Last edited:

rangerrookie429

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
After kicking them around for almost a year, I finally got the fog lights in. Nothing exciting but heres a pic.

On a sadder note, my truck really hates my new girlfriend. So, on a recent date she decided to blow a brake line while picking her up. Then, a month later (on another date with the same, thankfully patient, girl) she kicked but never started. Oil gauge told me that my oil pressure was gone.

The teeth on the CPS are sharpened to razors and I figure it must've been slipping. We replaced it and it was easier than the step by step instructions we found said it would be. She fires right up and idles smoother, next I just need to re-tap that leaky oil pan and I can move on to the fun stuff.

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
nice touch on the fog lights.

U need to find a way so the truck likes your girlfiends man, my old car hated girls. lucky me it always broke down AFTER i dropped em at their home.

rangerrookie429

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Talk about making a good impression eh. I must be an alright guy cause she's still around lol.

rangerrookie429

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
So far this thread has been mostly some small stuff, but I landed a new job recently and decided to make a big move to keep up with my buddies S10

So Sunday night we unbolted everything that was closer than 3/4" to the body and ran it down the road to a body shop to get a re-spray in the same sweet harvest gold. The body guy actually commented on both the shape the body was in (which is good considering spending its life in Eastern Canada with the salted roads) and said how impressed he was with the seat conversion. Enough with the bragging, here's some before pics with everything removed.

This would be why my tailgate handle wouldnt work.

Was worried about the condition of the tailgate. With the plastic liner on it the snow and whatnot likes to get under there and rust them out, however the undercoating seems to have done its job here.

Thanks for looking guys, I'll have some more pics up when I get it back from the shop. :yahoo:

XLTsplash

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I like the Explorer wheels and seats on your Ranger.

Sweet-85'

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
2.8L 171CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is!
Holy thread resurrection Batman! Any updates? Looks like it's been a while...

rangerrookie429

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Honestly I've just been lazy and haven't updated the thread to keep up with the progress. I can't believe I didn't put up pics after I got it back from paint. Nowadays it has a new tonneau cover, 06+ tail lights, and I got an amp for the sub and replaced all four speakers. Also replaced my ghetto-fab side-exit exhaust with a used Cherrybomb Vortex cat-back system I picked up. I was doing well until September when I was rear-ended by literally the stupidest vehicle possibe - a 1987 Chevrolet 1 ton van with camper conversion. The driver was distracted, not because he was texting, not because he was on the phone, but because he was changing a tape. I am literally the only person in 2013 to be a victim of a car crash caused because a driver was distracted changing a tape. Anyhow it now has a rebuild title (insurance wanted to write it off) and I used the money to fix it. I now have an 06+ tailgate with the BIG emblem and the rear bumper is black instead of chrome (I think I dig the look) and now its in storage for the winter. I also picked up a 3.0 that I would like to rebuild to replace my aging one. Thanks for taking a look guys.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals