Home Ford Ranger Forum Builders Guide How To Tech Other Articles Featured Rangers Readers Rangers Classifieds Shirts & Decals

Go Back   The Ranger Station Forums > Truck Discussions (Not for tech help - Use Help Forums further down) > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This forum is for general discussions. If you're in need of help, post it below in the appropriate topic forum.

Old 03-19-2008, 10:33 AM   #1
AQUADGIO1200

Vehicle Year: 2008
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Ranger Sprt Spr Cab
I use this vehicle for: work, light trails
AQUADGIO1200 is on a distinguished road
Default new 2008 Ranger owner!!

Hello to all my fellow ranger owners...this past weekend i went to my local
Ford dealership in San Diego and made myself an owner of an 08 Ranger super cab w/auto trans v6 3.0 engine in a nice charcoal color! This is my first Ford truck/car...i came from owning a subaru forester turbo. I have to say that the Ranger is awesome...its rides smooth! I kinda wish i had the 4.0 engine...since the 3.0 seems alittle slow...maybe i just have to get use to it. I plan to add some oversized tires (BFG TKO All Terrains). Does anyone know where i can find lifts for the 08 ranger?? I cant find them anywhere! Also any suggestions on tires and size ( i plan to keep the stock rims for now) and lifts? Also....since its a 2wd model...i plan to do some light off road stuff...would a winch be good? Thanks!
AQUADGIO1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement - Don't want to see the forum ads? Click HERE to find out how to be a Supporting Member.

5% Rock Auto Discount Code: 20B2FF503DCF74 Expires: September 28, 2018
Old 03-19-2008, 03:20 PM   #2
4x4RangerGuy

Vehicle Year: 2003
Vehicle Make: Subaru
Vehicle Model: Impreza WRX
I use this vehicle for: DD, showing up ricers, fun
4x4RangerGuy is on a distinguished road

Grats on the truck. Post some pics when you can.

The 3.0 is slower than the 4.0, but it is a cockroach that will lst you forever with little maintenance.

For a 2WD Ranger, you'll want to look at Fabtech I believe. They make a good range of 2WD kits.

A winch would be a good investment if you have the money, but you'll need to purchase/fab a front bumper to mount it.

Tire and wheel sizes depend on the lift kit purchased. Check out the lift kit's info, it will tell you what size you can run with that kit. I know a good wheel size for a late model Ranger is a 15x8 with .375 backspacing.

Still the 3.0's biggest fan.
4x4RangerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 05:16 PM   #3
Simple_serf

Simple_serf is on a distinguished road

Nice...

Only potenetial problem I can see is the auto trans, other than that, the 3.0 is indestructable. They make power pretty high up, so remember higher revs are good.

I have kept the suspension on my 98 2wd stock, as it is good for what I need to do. First thing to do is find heavier duty, greaseable parts when you do look at lift kits. Greaseable balljoints are a must!

Whenever the 98 becomes my project truck, the first thing it is getting is going to be a locker...

2wd's can be very capable off road, but i doubt you will be using a brand new truck for that just yet...

Enjoy
Paul Johnson
KC2TOO
Simple_serf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 02:29 AM   #4
hihoslvr
Banned

Vehicle Year: '04
Vehicle Make: F.O.R.D.
Vehicle Model: Edge Super Cab
I use this vehicle for: living my life vicariously through the internet.
hihoslvr is on a distinguished road

Where/ what kinda wheelin? Sand/ desert type stuff and a 2wd Auto's not bad, (from what I've read), don't know if ya really need the winch out there so much, probably just add weight were you don't want it. All the prerunners have lghtwght frntends, maybe check out a Fab-Tech lift and some more appropriate tires. Also, I gotta wonder were everybody gets their $$ for gas to just go drivin around, these days? Just get back from Iraq?
hihoslvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 07:11 AM   #5
AQUADGIO1200

Vehicle Year: 2008
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Ranger Sprt Spr Cab
I use this vehicle for: work, light trails
AQUADGIO1200 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hihoslvr View Post
Where/ what kinda wheelin? Sand/ desert type stuff and a 2wd Auto's not bad, (from what I've read), don't know if ya really need the winch out there so much, probably just add weight were you don't want it. All the prerunners have lghtwght frntends, maybe check out a Fab-Tech lift and some more appropriate tires. Also, I gotta wonder were everybody gets their $$ for gas to just go drivin around, these days? Just get back from Iraq?

Thanks for the input guys....yea no kidding...gas suck balls right now...im spending about 50.00 a week on gas! And i was so close in getting an f150...prob even more of a gas guzzler!
AQUADGIO1200 is offline   Reply With Quote