• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

BII exhaust kit found!

MJ'sBlkBII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
I hope it is OK to post this link. While perusing the web for exhaust ideas I came across this kit and decided I have to pass it on since I haven't seen a reference to it yet.

BroncoIIExhaust.com

Bronco II Exhaust.com

Custom-Fit Performance Cat-Back Exhaust Systems for Bronco II

• Looking for a performance exhaust system for your 1984 to 1990 Bronco II?

• Unfortunately, there is no offering from the performance exhaust system manufacturers, for a specific system for the Bronco II. Even a short box Ranger Dynomax® system won't fit.

• Bronco II owners have had to settle for an expensive stock system from an auto parts store, or a cobbled together homemade system.

• We've come up with an exact-fit custom kit utilizing a Dynomax® kit for a Ranger, and modified it to fit the Bronco II.
• Kit includes everything you need including the famous Dynomax® Super Turbo Muffler, Custom Dynomax® Tail Pipe with 409 stainless steel tip, clamps, hangers....................

Q&As

• Why won't a Ranger Dynomax® kit fit the Bronco II?
The tail pipe is too long and doesn't have the correct bend over the rear axle to clear the Bronco II frame, swaybar, and shock.

• Why did we choose a Ranger Dynomax® kit to use in our kit?

The muffler and tail pipe size is matched to any of Ford engines offered in the Bronco II, along with the correct type hangers make it a perfect candidate to make a Bronco II kit.

• What did we modify?
First we modified the inlet to the muffler allowing it to slide over the pipe just behind the converters.

Then we modified the tail pipe by removing a section out of the pipe, and then welding in a custom section so it makes the appropriate bend over the rear axle.

• Dynomax® tail pipes are mandrel bend, what effect does the modification have on the performance?
We did not reduce the pipe size, and the two seams from cutting and welding have little effect on performance and is probably immeasurable.

• How does it sound and perform?
It sounds great having a nice mellow sound, plus we noticed an immediate performance gain.

Bronco II Performance Exhaust System Details:

Bronco II Performance Exhaust System is custom fit for all Bronco IIs.
These are brand new systems engineered to fit exclusively the 1984 to 1990 Bronco IIs.
The kit fits like a glove, and has good clearance around the system even when installing it. It will have a factory appearance when installed. I have had people say it looks factory when looking at mine.
The tail pipe has a 409 stainless steel tip which exits in the stock location behind the passenger rear wheel.
Benefits include better exhaust flow for increased power and a nice mellow sound.
I developed this kit because I was tired of poor performance & sound, and unable to locate someone producing a system that actually fits and works. The kit ensures correct installation and operation.
Engineered with the following kept in mind:
• It must appear factory, like it was designed to be there
• It must have a low or no impact on the vehicle
• It must consist of top-quality components for a long service life

The kit utilizes a Dynomax® exhaust system enhanced exclusively for Bronco II. Everything you need comes with the kit so it bolts right in and works. This is a No-hassle drop-in kit using simple hand tools.
Included in the kit is detailed step-by-step instruction booklet with color photos to ensure a trouble-free installation with NO guesswork, fabrication, or backyard engineering required.

FrostHeater Inc, the manufacturer of most of these accessories, is not affiliated with, associated with, or endorsed by Ford Motor Company® or Tenneco Inc. Dynomax® is registered trademark of Tenneco Inc. Bronco II, and Ranger are registered trademarks of Ford Motor Company. In all cases, the use of these words is for descriptive purposes only.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals