• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My 1996 Mazda B3000

forzda

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 mazda B300
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I have my truck for 9months now,in that time I have put on over 35000kms . You can find the pictures here
http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/album.php?albumid=1107
It is a work in progress , the seats have been changed to Mustang Recaro's, I modified an Explorer center console to fit in with the seats . installed the stereo from my old car in the truck . There is so much I want to do ,both mechanically and cosmetically .
Today I added power door locks as the truck is a base model and only had manual locks

I will be adding information along with pictures as I complete things .

Last edited:

mp3deviant721

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l of fury
Transmission
Manual
Start a build thread. Thats the best way to keep track of modifications to your truck in chronological order. Nice truck BTW.

forzda

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 mazda B300
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I figure that this will become my build thread , the other day while trying to locate a short in the dash /running lights ,the gear position indicator broke . Well today I replaced the indicator . I will say this I wouldn't want to do it again, it is a pain taking the dash apart and the instrument cluster out. Mind you I have become very proficient in taking the dash apart .
On another note , I scored a great find today at the auto wreckers , I now have the roof console from a Windstar van . This will be my next project to install once it warms up a bit , and yes I will be taking pictures of the install .

forzda

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 mazda B300
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Today I was finally able to repair and rewire the front turn signals and corner markers. The corner markers now at as turn signals . The lower left combination (signal/park) light needed a new bulb socket , the wiring connector was all corroded , I ended up getting replacement female terminals and rebuilding the connector with new terminals and wiring .
I got it all back together only to discover that the bulb had blown,got that corrected . Then found out that I had reversed the park and turn signal wires so corrected that , split loomed and taped everything .All working now .
While I was at it I changed the small ground wire from the battery to the rad support to 4 gauge wiring . I still want to replace the other ground cable but that will be another day .

wolfy1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda
Transmission
Manual
i got head light covers for that if ur interested. wolfy1

forzda

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 mazda B300
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Not much new , except that on Thursday night on my way to the movies , I had a brake failure . The right rear wheel cylinfder blew . So come Friday I get eh truck to the shop, I had to change everything except the drums . I wasnt plan on doing the rear brakes just yet , but now they are done , I am much poorer , but the truck stops on a dime and gives me a nickel change

forzda

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 mazda B300
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I am in the process of installing a Windstar roof console , I is slow work , the weather and temperature makes working on the truck difficult . Hopefully it will warm up soon so I can finish this , and get some pictures

forzda

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 mazda B300
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
this winter hasn't been the greatest for working out side . I sure miss my garage , anyway a bit of an update on what has happened with the truck .
first off , I cut approx 3 inches off the bottom of the Explorer center console to be able to get at the seat belts better . I also found a Windstar upper console that I have installed but not completely fitted yet . I modded the wiring to control the power door locks from inside the truck , It also houses my GPS, plus the sliding door swtch will be used to control my fog lights .
The other day I had a rear wheel cylinder fail , what a mess , this is the first time in 35 years of driving I have had a break failure . I replaced both wheel cylinders , one adjuster , all the springs and shoes . I didnt have to replace the drums , so now the truck stops on a dime and gives me change.
Today I replaced both door locks with ones from a 98 Ranger as the clip on the Mazda lock broke and I cant get a replacement . The Ranger locks came with the key and were free.
While I was at the wreckers I found a B2300 with a great interior so I am getting a newer clean headliner, inner door panels and the stereo bezel , to replace the worn ones in the truck .
I also scored a 97 step side box ,the only draw back is it needs tail lights and a tail gate .
now I want it to warm up so I can get working ion all my projects for the truck .
I still dont have a camera but it will come in due time

forzda

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 mazda B300
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Well it has been an expensive few weeks , first the brakes went , then I discovered that the radius arm bushings need to be replaced. they were shot , there wasnt much left of them once they were apart , but now that the new ones are in the truck is a totally different beast . no more clunks, bangs thuds from the front end and under the seats .
When the truck was up on the hoist ,my mechanic noticed that the left cab bushing washer is almost rusted away , i guess that is my next job once it stops raining , checking all the cab mount bushings . Oh the joys of a high mileage old pick up truck .

kman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997/1996
Make / Model
fazda
buell
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
hey i was just wondering did u get a kit or how did you go about making ur truck have power locks?

forzda

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 mazda B300
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Damn it , I lost the dash lights and running nights on the way home tonight . I know what the problem is , just have to get a new connector for the front combination light , I temporarily reconstructed the one on the truck but due to all the salt and water it didnt last , now I have to replace the connector and wiring . well at least it is supposed to be warm tomorrow.

forzda

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 mazda B300
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Damn it , I lost the dash lights and running nights on the way home tonight . I know what the problem is , just have to get a new connector for the front combination light , I temporarily reconstructed the one on the truck but due to all the salt and water it didnt last , now I have to replace the connector and wiring . well at least it is supposed to be warm tomorrow.
Well it wasn't as warm as I thought it was going to be but I did find the problem. I spent 2 hrs making temporary repairs until I can get the parts .
The design of the park/turn signal allows it to be exposed to all the wet and crap that the front tires throw up. When I replace the connectors I will be using some dielectric grease to stop the water getting into the joint and corroding the terminals .

forzda

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 mazda B300
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Its been a while , I was at a u pull it wreckers today and scored 2 power mirrors , the door trim with the switch , the connectors ( have to make the harness for the mirrors) ,a replacement glove box all for 36 bucks . the glove box , mirrors , and the door trim panel are installed. I am going to have to wait to make the wiring harness as I need the wiring diagram .
I still dont have a camera so no pictures yet

forzda

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 mazda B300
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I finally got a camera , so here are some pictures .
Stereo as a work in progress

I also have installed a Rockford Fosgate PA-2 in the dash

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals