• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Rough idle/hesitation/pinging?

cp2295

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L swap, 8.8 explorer axle, IFS front end
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you ain't first you're last
I did happen to find debris and does anyone know how to clean it?

TrexMex

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Alright so I got the charcoal can off.. I am stumped by how it works now, or if I'm missing a hose. So on the end of the canister there's an elbow with a hose that connects to that, that's all fine and dandy.. Then there's a little black box mounted on the canister. It says "to canister" with an arrow pointing to a hose that goes into a T where it meets up with the charcoal canister and an electrical sensor. Now my concern is that there is a nipple on the other side of the black box where a hose looks like it should go, before the "to canister" sign. There was no hose connected and I looked around and didn't see one. It has no screen or anything on it so it's easily sucking in dirt and debris.. As far as I know I thought this emissions system was a closed off thing so now I'm very confused.. Is something missing?
picture?

EDIT:

This may help:

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/repairinfo/repairguide/repairGuideContent.jsp?pageId=0996b43f802c54bc

Last edited:

gatordog

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
This is not normal. There's either a bad connection at the coil pack,a flaw in the coil pack itself, or there's an issue with a plug wire. Any of those three would cause idle/driveability problems.
The plug wires are brand new, must be a crack in the coil pack, I will Rock auto a new one, Thanks

I am a diesel guy, takes awhile to get back into gassers

cp2295

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo

TrexMex

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Oh I finally got ahold of a ford service mechanic that was competent and he told me that's how they should be.. I tried uploading a photo in my reply but it couldn't figure it out.. All it gave me an option for was to attach a URL
yeah uploading pics through the forum is kind of tricky... Usually it works to have the pic uploaded somewhere else and just link to it.

Anyways, glad you got it figured out :icon_thumby:

cp2295

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
yeah uploading pics through the forum is kind of tricky... Usually it works to have the pic uploaded somewhere else and just link to it.

Anyways, glad you got it figured out :icon_thumby:
Thanks! Yeah I was just so confused about that whole system.. He said that the purge valve is connected to the gas tank, not directly to the charcoal can and the tubeless nipple thing is just a vent for the charcoal can

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals