• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ranger Bed Cap/Camper Shell

enjr44

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 2X4; 08 FX4
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Ranger Bed Cap/Camper Shell
I am going to sell the fiberglass Shell I have on my 02, 4 door, regular short bed. And, before I put it on Craigslist I would like to know which year Rangers it will fit. Pretty sure it will fit 93 and later?? What about the years 83 through 92. I have read someplace that all Ranger short beds are the same; but, would like to know for sure what years to put in the ad before I make a fool of myself on CL. :D
Thanks, Ed

fyre82

Firefighter
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9/4.0
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
9" on the 2000, 6" on the '88
Tire Size
265/75/16, 31x10.50x15
My credo
The memories of a man in his old age are the deeds of a man in his prime
Your cap will fit any truck that has the same bed size.
When people advertise that it was " for a ford xxxx, or chevy xxx"
they have a hard time selling sometimes. most box sizes are pretty close.
I have 2 caps, one was on my '88 when I bought it and the other one I bought had been on a Toyota, it fits perfectly.

As a suggestion, advertise it by the size it is, i.e. 4.5' x 6' or inches etc.

Where is it? I'm looking for another for my gf Ranger.

Rich

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
fyre is partially correct. It's going to depend on the style of the cap as well. A picture of the cap would go a long way in giving this question a better answer.

Some newer bed caps, a lot of the older styles, and pretty much all metal caps are squared up on the bottom, those type will fit most any make and model that has similar bed dimensions. These are more of a universal fit. They'll fit on any short bed ranger, and many other small pickups with a bed of similar dimensions. If it's that style I'd list it for a small truck, and mention that it was on a short bed Ranger and give dimensions in inches. Reason for inches is that some short bed trucks of other brands (Dodge maybe?) are a few inches shorter or longer than the Ranger.

Many newer style tops are formed/molded to match the truck, the caps are made to have a SUV style truck that blends into the bed rails and side. These newer styles only properly fit on the trucks they are made for. If it's the newer style it'll definitely fit on any 93+ short bed Ranger.

Fyre, I'm going to take a guess and say it's in Renton, WA since that's the owner's location.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals